Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn’t see it mentioned anywhere on here so if it has been point me in that direction please. I did see the list of codes that’s how I found out what the code 29 (4)was. Accelerator position 2- low voltage. I can’t get it looked at till the 29th cause the dealer closest to me is backed up till then. The light and the symptom of the bike come and go at random times. Usually when I want to go for a ride anywhere other than work. I thought at first the clutch was slipping or maybe too tight but then when I got off the throttle and the bike was having little mini surges, like I was barley blipping the throttle even though I wasn’t. Let the bike sit for a bit and it would stop/ go away. So if anyone has had this problem or knows a fix or what exactly might be happening then I’d appreciate the help.
The battery is kept on a tinder and has full charge, I didn’t change anything to the bike recently other than Ape hangers/ mirrors/ and new clutch cable (I’ve done it to spec and have changed a few b4 without issue) and I didn’t have my current issue till a few days ago.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sounds like a loose connection with it being random. You swapping handle bars makes this more likely. Check all the connectors at the headlight. Look where each individual wire at the connector to see if it has been pulled or broken at the pin. If not proceed to push each individual wire/pin into the connector housing to confirm it's seated well. Finally, push both connector housings together and confirm retaining clips "click".

If this isn't it, you might have damaged a connection at the throttle grip, but I wouldn't think this is likely as the wires are zip tied in a few places within the throttle housing as strain prevention.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a loose connection with it being random. You swapping handle bars makes this more likely. Check all the connectors at the headlight. Look where each individual wire at the connector to see if it has been pulled or broken at the pin. If not proceed to push each individual wire/pin into the connector housing to confirm it's seated well. Finally, push both connector housings together and confirm retaining clips "click".

If this isn't it, you might have damaged a connection at the throttle grip, but I wouldn't think this is likely as the wires are zip tied in a few places within the throttle housing as strain prevention.
thanks. I already checked the exposed wire connections and nothing seems off there but I haven’t reopened the headlight and checked those connections so I’ll crack that open today and see. I really am not a fan of throttle by wire as its had issues 3-4 times now this time being the first time possibly caused by me. The check light hasn’t come back on since original post but the bike still on occasion has had the surging symptom mentioned. Thanks again for the suggestion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts