Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently completed or at least very close to having completed a 1978 CX500 build. I tossed a GSXR750 front end setup on it. The braking power in awesome! I'd surely love to have a setup like that on my bobber. Just curious to see if anyone has done it and made it look good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't think you could make it work for several reasons. One reason is that the rake of the Bobber is 29 degrees, a lot more than the GSXR forks were designed for. Second is the weight factor, the bobber weighs in at 555 pounds, probably close to a hundred pounds more than any GSXR. Also, the rear suspension of the bobber has only 2" of travel, and wouldn't be compatable with the Suzuki forks. And lastly, I think it would destroy the looks of a retro styled bobber. My opinion is to save your GSXR forks for some other project that would be more appropriate. Plus, I think the front brakes on the bobber are more than adequate.

·
Silver member
5,261 Posts
I don't see why not. Forks can be resprung, and you could always have a center pin for the triple trees made to match the forks to the frame. And if you want straight bars as opposed to clipons also look at sports-naked bikes.

Start by measuring the fork length, can't wait to follow a project!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah my 05 boulevard had inverted ones. I dunno on the rake. The front brake is fine on the bobber but the duals on my CX500 with the gsxr front end are incredible. Just asking questions. Maybe someday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts