Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Around here, I can’t keep my soft lowers on much past spring. My feet get way too hot. I was wondering about how the vents work in the hard lowers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So far they work really well. Left vet open all the way and right vent open 3/4 of the way keeps 90 % of the heat of my calf. Feet don’t get a lot of heat with hard lowers, but calf on right leg does

·
Registered
49 Posts
Eventually I'll do the lights, but I'm not going to do the speakers.... I rarely use the radio as it is... I may get the additional storage cubbies. Thanks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have to admit, from almost day one after purchasing my Challenger in November of 2019, I have though of installing some lower fairings on it but there wasn't a perfect fit or color match option early on for the Thunder Black Pearl paint. Now, after seeing the new Indian lower fairings on several other Challengers I am taking the plung for them. I have already ordered the lower fairing audio equipment necessary to install in them and can only wait until the lower fairings to match my paint (666) code are back in stock

I already have the Indian Pathfinder lights on the bike so they wil be relocated into the bottom of the new farings as well.

Here's a photograph of a blue Challenger (not mine) with the new lower fairings & Pathfinder driving lights on.

View attachment 674563
no not really . But i dont like the hard trunk either. Definitely very practical just not a fan if the look. I had a roadmaster before my challenger

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Love them

·
Registered
Challenger Limited
76 Posts
Love mine; the ventilation is pretty good and I love the integrated, color-matched look. Herc is correct - if you’re like me and already had the driving lights before buying the lowers, all you need is 2 p/n 2415997 wiring connectors that run from the lights up inside the lower fairings to the existing connectors from the controller. I decided to buy the entire lower light kit (2889476-266) so that I could resell my old set-up as a complete package. Be aware you have to order the wiring connectors from a dealer as Indian won’t do it via the 800 number without buying the entire kit. I also added the Indian badges on the lower fairings just to make it more Pursuit-like. Next mod is the radio antenna relocation kit.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

81 - 87 of 87 Posts