Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,813 Posts
HERK, I had the EXACT same issue with just one snap. I've been riding without it and it hasn't seem to affect anything.

Reactions: HERK

·
Registered
366 Posts
If I was a "long hauler' I might consider them as they do block a lot more of the wind / rain than the soft lowers but as I am not.....I went with the soft. They make a huge difference in cold weather and as long as I have the leather chaps on I can ride for hours in 40 - 45 degree weather
Sky Tire Cloud Wheel Motorcycle

·
Registered
224 Posts
Coming off a Victory Vision I am enjoying the wind on my lower extremities from the Challenger. I wear overhangs sometimes when going to work and found that works best to keep bugs off me. The work we'll for cooler mornings as well.

·
Premium Member
2020 Indian Challenger Limited - Thunder Black Pearl
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Hey Herk, how's she ride? Are you noticing more helmet buffeting with the lowers on like I am?
Haven't had a chance to ride it enought to notice, between work and the multiple projects I'm involved with on my house, been too busy to get out and enjoy the bike.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Not hard at all to install, but it was a little time consuming at first to do the first full lower fairing assembly with the driving lights, speakers, run the additional wiring, etc. After that,the second one was assembled and installed in less than an forty minutes.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,813 Posts
Could one of you that have the lowers do me a huge favor please? Looking from the front of the bike with the wheel straight, measure the distance between the caliper and the leading edge of the light? The measurement should be taken perpendicular to the caliper.

My driving lights are mounted to the caliper and I want to see if they'll get in the way of the lights before I order.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Could one of you that have the lowers do me a huge favor please? Looking from the front of the bike with the wheel straight, measure the distance between the caliper and the leading edge of the light? The measurement should be taken perpendicular to the caliper.

My driving lights are mounted to the caliper and I want to see if they'll get in the way of the lights before I order.
I can do that for you after I get home from work today.... after 1:00pm.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 · (Edited)
Ok, I was distracted from getting the measurement as soon as I got home but.... by forming a right angle by two perpendicular lines, with the front wheel straight, I came straight out from the inside of the driving light and straight out from the outside face of the caliper. From the caliper it measured a dustance of 3.5"

Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Light Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 · (Edited)
Another benefit from the auto detect of the ride command unit. I was adjusting the audio equalizer settings and speaker fader, then happen to notice afterwards on the audio display the new fairing speakers on the speaker layout screen. Ain't it Cool.... :cool:

Musical instrument Gadget Font Electronic instrument Musical instrument accessory

41 - 60 of 87 Posts