Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
let me know how that works out.. I'm not sure I need or want to move the power button but I do want to move the battery tender connector to the opposite side where the blank plate is. I believe I only need to order the right sae cable to make it work. I can only find the 10amp version.. Not sure if I need to go higher. I also plan on connecting my heated gear to this SAE connector. I do it now to the stock battery tender connector that's located below the seat area.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
969 Posts
Most tenders I've seen are fairly low amperage, usually around 2 or 3 amps. It's easy for a full set of heated gear to go way above that.

Reactions: HyeHog

·
Registered
291 Posts
On my FTR the factory tender wiring only goes thru a 5or 10A fuse so ran my gerbing harness 20A fused harness separately direct to battery.Oo have an adapter bought thru amazon that I use to connect my tender and mini compressor to the gerbing harness and use the factory tender wiring for my GPS power.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have a similar setup now on my challenger.. I currently connect my heated gear to a SAE connector adapter that then connects to the battery tender SAE connection on the bike. but I don't use heated gloves or pants.. the heated grips works great on this bike. I only use the heated jacket liner under my riding gear. I guess if that works well, then it's only a matter of relocating the entire wiring to the fairing and mounting one of the panel SAE connectors. (the 10amp one)

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Try this I read it either on this forum or on Facebook I did it and it hasn’t cut off since. Make sure the power switch on the right control cube is off and don’t touch it. Power on the round power switch on the fairing and let the ride command screen come up fully, wait about 2 minutes until fully loaded and don’t touch the throttle at all very important!!! Power down with the fairing switch. Power up with the same round fairing switch again and wait the 2 minutes again. Power down and power up again with fairing switch for another 2 minutes. Power down and let bike sit over night. The next day power up with fairing switch let ride command come fully up and then start bike with the handlebar switch. Should be good to go after this procedure. It’s supposed to sync the throttle bodies electronically. It seems to have worked for me. I did this and haven’t had the bike cut off since.

My M019R Suzuki would start and run but would not idle if the battery terminals where loose...... Recently, I too had been experiencing the bike shutting off at almost every 30 to 35 miles with the Challenger. When it would shut off, if I would completely power down the bike and then power back up it would start right back up immediately and go until I would ride/reach another 30 to 35 miles and then it would shut off again and again and again, just like clock work. So the first thing I did was check the battery post and sure enough they where both very loose, that could of been my fault when I previously pull the battery out to examine it. I retighten both terminal post clamps using a 10mm wrench to make sure they where snugg. But I didn't just stop there, I also use the reset method that tailgunner had posted above as well. Since then I have rode just over a hundred miles on two short rides this weekend with no problem of the bike shutting back down. :cool: At this time, I don't know if it was just the loose battery connections and/or if the reset method fixed the shut down problem..... but I'm still going to take it to the dealer due to that I recieved two service notification on the ride command website that the bike needs to be taken in for two regular bulletins. looky here down below, I have been aware of the fact some other Challenger owners had a lot of issues like this with their machine and the mistry throttlebody probelms of them not being in sync, up until the problem of the bike wanting to shut off, I've never had a issue/problem with mine.... but now that seems to be fixed.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So I took my bike to RideNow today to have them look at the issue of the engine just turning off while riding. They said they are going to have to keep the bike for a while since they have to open a ticket with Polaris. :(

Will update this thread as things progress. I am not feeling confident though in this..... :(

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Just following up... My dealer just called me and said their tech says my throttle bodies are out of sync. They say that's what's been causing the engine stalls. Funny thing is that when I dropped it off I told them "Guys on the forum seem to think maybe the throttle bodies are out of sync". :rolleyes: Anyway, I hope this fixes my issue. I bought my bike new in August, so I find it odd there are still bikes out there with this throttle body sync issue.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
969 Posts
I'm not surprised they're not. It's a decent amount of work to check it. Most places seem under staffed lately and as a result, things like this get skipped "because it should be right."

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I'm not surprised they're not. It's a decent amount of work to check it. Most places seem under staffed lately and as a result, things like this get skipped "because it should be right."
Let's just hope this fixes it. Dude I was starting to get afraid to ride it. Having it cut off mid-ride sounded like a recipe for a very bad accident. :(

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
969 Posts
Mine did it once and it was at the start of a 300 mi ride with the first time my wife really rode on it after a metric tone of talking her into it. Made me nervous the rest of the ride! It happened as soon as I pulled in the clutch but restarted without issue.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just following up... My dealer just called me and said their tech says my throttle bodies are out of sync. They say that's what's been causing the engine stalls. Funny thing is that when I dropped it off I told them "Guys on the forum seem to think maybe the throttle bodies are out of sync". :rolleyes: Anyway, I hope this fixes my issue. I bought my bike new in August, so I find it odd there are still bikes out there with this throttle body sync issue.
I got mine out of synch but it never cut off. No power in a corner I took very aggressively. Tech told me hit the start button and don’t touch anything for 1 minute and don’t rev it in neutral, like other brands do. Haven’t had the issue again after following that advice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The new 2021 models don't have the power button in the fairing. It's now a Battery Tender socket. I'm hoping that Indian has the bugs out of the Challenger for it's second model year. That's why I strongly avoid the first year of a new model vehicle of any kind.
I hoe the 2021 is better too. I should have kept the 2017 Roadmaster, I am very disappointed in the 2020 Challenger. They had it for 2 months and I had to sign a release saying I would not say what they had done. Didn't see anything done, still the same problem. Kind of a CYA move by them. Can't say any more. Not going to ride it until Fuel Moto gets the program done for the Dyna tuner. The PVC3.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
969 Posts
They had it for 2 months and I had to sign a release saying I would not say what they had done. Didn't see anything done, still the same problem.
That should be straight illegal!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2020 DH Challenger. It has shut off multiple times in the 4 months or so that I've had it. It's really starting to bother me becuase of how dangerous it is! All of a sudden I am just driving along and the bike engine shuts off. I hit the start button to bring it back to life (while coasting down the road at speed :rolleyes:o_O), but it's very alarming.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Anyone else experience this? It's happened probably 8-9 times over the past few months..... It's gonna get me killed at some point I fear....
I too have experience the same. I now have 10K miles and its happen 3 times total. My Indian Dealership has reported after inspecting it as "nothing" wrong found. I believe there is something to do with the ECU units. If this happens again, I plan on NOT restarting it and check the info/system diagnosing and see if anything appears as an alert.
Check my YouTube Channel: FACE Lopez

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
The dealership just called and said that Polaris actually wants them to replace the throttle bodies, so new ones are being sent. Looks like they'll have my bike for another week or two since shipping is so delayed these days....

·
Registered
74 Posts
For those with throttle issues.....try this:
Begin with the run/stop switch in the stop position.
Switch the power button on (the big button on your fairing), DO NOT TOUCH THE THROTTLE OR ANY OTHER SWITCHES OR FUNCTIONS ON THE BIKE. Wait 35 seconds, then switch the bike off. Then wait for 130 seconds with no changes to controller inputs (DON'T MOVE THE THROTTLE, START THE BIKE OR CHANGE ANY SWITCH POSITION DURING THIS 130 SECONDS).
Now go for a ride and see if it has changed your throttle response and stalling issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Challenger has 9,800 miles and has die 3-times. It restarted and along I went. Now, after riding about 120 miles today and stopped to take pictures. The Challenger wouldn't start, and before shutting down power I went to the info. system and diagnose the issue. It indicated U260A: ATR component status state abnormal update rate. Indian dealership is closed today and wondering if anyone has experience or knows what this mean?

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger Limited in Bright Freaking Red!
38 Posts
Face - I’m under the impression this was a software update Indian had to issue not long after the first bikes started rolling out of showrooms. People were experiencing a shut-off, particularly while cornering. Are you sure your dealer is up-to-date on their latest software updates? Call Indian?

I’m a subscriber and dig your channel! 🤙

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
The dealership just called and said that Polaris actually wants them to replace the throttle bodies, so new ones are being sent. Looks like they'll have my bike for another week or two since shipping is so delayed these days....
Just got my bike back. They replaced the throttle body and said that everything should be good now. So hopefully I'll go riding a bit this week to see how things are working. Looks like it was a roughly $1400 warranty issue. Roughly $700 for the throttle body and the rest was diagnosis and labor. Geez. Glad I didn't have to pay any of that!

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
969 Posts
Hope that fixed it for you!

Reactions: IndianAZ
21 - 40 of 43 Posts