Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to do some mods to my Chieftain DarkHorse using Azzkikr rear end and body wrap. Anyone else done this, and what are your thoughts?

·
Bronze member
2,477 Posts
Sounds good, you could be the first

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm looking to do some mods to my Chieftain DarkHorse using Azzkikr rear end and body wrap. Anyone else done this, and what are your thoughts?
My friend bought this bike custom done with azzkikr stuff . 150 miles on the bike and saddlebag flew off and buy the time he turned around someone picked it up. Its ok for fiberglass stuff i would reinforce bags
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive design
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Tire

·
Registered
951 Posts
Very pretty , indeed but not very practical , in my opinion . The saddlebags and fender are so low that if you make a slightly inclined turn , you are toast .
Since it is impossible to ride the bike only on a straight manner because sooner or later you will need to turn around a corner , doing so will be a very precarious thing .
But just for a show bike , it is impressive .

·
Registered
530 Posts
Very pretty , indeed but not very practical , in my opinion . The saddlebags and fender are so low that if you make a slightly inclined turn , you are toast .
Since it is impossible to ride the bike only on a straight manner because sooner or later you will need to turn around a corner , doing so will be a very precarious thing .
Its on air ride suspension it goes up at the touch of a button

·
Registered
951 Posts
Its on air ride suspension it goes up at the touch of a button
I know ... but if you look at the height of the saddlebags , I still think it is a risky thing to make a slightly tight turn . You will need to ride with the air ride cranked all the way up and so what is the point ? Watching a low suspension bike passing by while riding is the pretty thing , not only when it is parked . These things are for show , not for riding it everyday . If you touch the pavement the damage in dollars is going to be huge .
It is a very pretty bike , not for regular riding but to be admired as a work of art . Same as a car modified for Sema or something like that ... it is just too pretty to be practical on a normal basis .
This is my opinion , anyway ... perhaps your friend is using it regularly as he has all the right in the world to do so .
Nonetheless , as I said previously , it is a beautiful bike .

·
Registered
530 Posts
I know ... but if you look at the height of the saddlebags , I still think it is a risky thing to make a slightly tight turn . You will need to ride with the air ride cranked all the way up and so what is the point ? Watching a low suspension bike passing by while riding is the pretty thing , not only when it is parked . These things are for show , not for riding it everyday . If you touch the pavement the damage in dollars is going to be huge .
It is a very pretty bike , not for regular riding but to be admired as a work of art . Same as a car modified for Sema or something like that ... it is just too pretty to be practical on a normal basis .
This is my opinion , anyway ... perhaps your friend is using it regularly as he has all the right in the world to do so .
Nonetheless , as I said previously , it is a beautiful bike .
It has 4 inches of travel and no its a hunk of crap built very poorly by a indian dealer 150 miles on it and falling apart bike was sent back

·
Banned
5,398 Posts
My friend bought this bike custom done with azzkikr stuff . 150 miles on the bike and saddlebag flew off and buy the time he turned around someone picked it up. Its ok for fiberglass stuff i would reinforce bags View attachment 275777 View attachment 275785
These are not made for regular street use..........hard turns or u-turns without almost completely stopping. Bagger tail draggers need a smooth perfect highway/freeway to go on a straight line with. Thats why there are many places doing baggers in Phoenix and LA. Your friend bought a bike that is made for different rides. Like an Orange County Chopper. Those go straight into the house on a stand ( or garage ) and don't get ridden much at all.

·
Banned
5,398 Posts
He bought the wrong bike for what he wants to do. Plain and simple. Like buying a 911 Porsche to go down Forest Service backroads

·
Registered
530 Posts
He bought the wrong bike for what he wants to do. Plain and simple. Like buying a 911 Porsche to go down Forest Service backroads
Riding straight on a highway and having bags fly off and the tank crack at the seams where the extensions were put on on top of other parts falling off is not backwoods riding just poor workmanship

·
Banned
5,398 Posts
Everyone knows their work and work ethics there. They are absolutely top shelf people. You sound like the few that said their paint washed off on their Harleys the first time they washed it. This is a little embellished. Maybe the stuff did 'fly off' but probably cracked and beat on by turns dragging the bags or whatever. This is a first.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just had my Leather Saddlebag fall off this weekend, my own damn fault for not making sure the retaining clip was fully secure. I cant blame anyone but myself, but it happens.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Never Trust the Indian Friction Clips ...

I run the Osprey Bag Mounts... CNC machined spools, bolt-on and secure!
(unless you drag bags!)

Shope's bags look just as nice as these!! (but made out of ABS polymer vs Fiberglass)

·
Registered
61 Posts
JUST LIKE DIRTY BIRD................ they changed name. Although I managed to handle the mods, product is not for the simple install. It requires rework and skill level 3 or 4..... See "stretching an Indian" thread

At least for dirty Bird the fender etc is stock height... So no issues with turns etc.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Never Trust the Indian Friction Clips ...

I run the Osprey Bag Mounts... CNC machined spools, bolt-on and secure!
(unless you drag bags!)

Shope's bags look just as nice as these!! (but made out of ABS polymer vs Fiberglass)
thanks. was curious if those friction clips that hold the bag to the bike actually work. Will change out and use direct bolts.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts