Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 Roadmaster is not eligible for any offers from Indian. So I got a quote from Patriot out of South Dakota? Gave me a pretty good rate for full coverage 5 year/50K miles. Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Rider
435 Posts
I don't have any experience with patriot but I don't think any extended warranty pay. my well Fargo warranty refused to pay for my transmission. I purchased the car new and added warranty on day one then at 60423 miles transmission failed & I received denial letter for transmission clam from well Fargo. I don't believe any of the warranty companies actually pay clams. IF you had HD i would def buy warranty since they live in shop .

·
Bronze member
1,914 Posts
IF you had HD i would def buy warranty since they live in shop .
I can't speak for others but I'm sure tired of the haters and their BS

Reactions: Racepres

·
Registered
294 Posts
I priced an Indian warranty and the cheapest was almost $2000 with the price going up from there (different dealers, different prices). I also look at several other companies. I ended up going with EFG (less than $900). I bought from Thomas Parker Finance Manager at Imotorsports 630-634-8428. I have had numerous calls with him and his references over on the Can Am Spyder forum (their company sells both brands) were outstanding. He advertises that their warranty prices are the cheapest. They even added a FREE EFG million mile warranty on the powertrain and transmission.

I know several here will say that you have to do all your Mx with them for the million mile engine and transmission add on (not true, you do have to do the oil changes but you can do them yourself as long as you keep records),( you can also do upgrades to your bike but they ask that they be done by an authorized mechanic and not your cousins brothers friend who just bought his first set of tools from the garage sale down the street and he feels he is ready to break down his first ever engine), and that an extended warranty is a waste. Honestly I hope it is and this bike is just like my Yamaha Roadstar where I had ZERO problems except the ones I created myself. However if they are like my wife Hyundai (on which I just bought a extended Hyundai warranty)..I have already used it 3 times this year (any issues I take it to the dealer) and it had already paid for itself. My Indian dealer service department manager and techs have all said that the EFG policy is great for them to use because they have no issues with the company getting authorized to do repairs.

In the end its going to boil down to doing just what you are doing, ask around, and then go with your own thoughts. I personally have never known anyone to complain about an extended warranty except those that didnt read the contract and later said they had no idea it did not cover oil, gas, break pads, or tires that had zero tread life left after using them for over 40K. Yes there are some companies that if you do an engine upgrade, or change pipes, or dont have your local dealer do all of the mx that do not get coverage but you would hear of them and avoid spending your hard earned money with them before hand. I look forward to hearing of your experience with what ever company you decide to go with

·
Super Moderator
4,852 Posts
My 2017 Roadmaster is not eligible for any offers from Indian. So I got a quote from Patriot out of South Dakota? Gave me a pretty good rate for full coverage 5 year/50K miles. Any feedback is appreciated.
I'm sure they are like any other Warranty (service contract) Company. Make sure you understand what is covered and what your responsibilities are to the contract. Chances are if you do have a failure and you'll need to replace the power unit, you'll most likely be provided are good used unit (look for verbiage that states repairs can be made using new, used or remanufactured parts). Keep your service history, if something happens that is or could be maintenance related, you WILL need to provide service history. Modifications to timing and fuel are generally an easy denial of coverage if there is engine damage, I would suggest no performance modifications if it were me.

·
Bronze member
3,096 Posts
Good luck,I had an extended warranty,but won't cover my seat,and that's what I got them for.
I paid 1500.
I'll bet the seat would have been cheaper

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the input guys....I just acquired my 17 RM. Only had 5700 miles on it but the 2 yr factory warranty is passed. I'm leery of all these extended warranties, I guess mainly because I get several calls a day about extending my car's extended warranty (which I don't have). I'm more concerned about having to replace a starter or alternator or the Ride Command computer or something like that. Engine failure, while certainly possible, is not near as probable. Unfortunately, I won't know if I got a good plan/company unless I need to use it.

·
Rider
435 Posts
GEEZ, You sound like boomer with (Brand loyalty ) to HD and this commonplace of that age group. I personally got Tired of maintenance cost of owing HD. Since 2017 when I purchased my Indian I have paid for basic(oil, brakes, etc) maintenance that pretty much it. I do own HD stock been shorting it for last year on-off they paid for Indian maintenance &insurance cost.;)

·
Bronze member
3,096 Posts
I know ,I had a 62 pan I rode for 10 years,put a belt drive on it,and changed the oil,that was it.had a magnito so I never bought a battery either.sold it to my friend,he reringed it kneraled the guides,that was years ago.and he still has it.couldnt even begin to figure how many miles are on that bike.

·
Registered
34 Posts
All extended warranties do is make money for the company who sells them. Total rip off.

Reactions: Member2017
1 - 12 of 12 Posts