Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was out riding last weekend, having a good time. Got home and noticed a big black stain on my pipes, and a chunk melted out of my right boot... Lovely. Fortunately I was able to get it cleaned up pretty easily.

The boots I had on at the time did have some pretty thick soles, but still I'm a little nervous about how close the rear brake is to the pipes. Anybody else had this issue?

I'm thinking of putting some heat wrap on, I just think it will not look great on the satin Akropovic pipes.

·
Silver member
4,816 Posts
I had the same when I picked up my bike and “solved” it by adjusting the brake pedal a little up (was too low for me anyway).

I’m not worried about the brake system getting too hot, it was just my boot touching the headers...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same when I picked up my bike and “solved” it by adjusting the brake pedal a little up (was too low for me anyway).

I’m not worried about the brake system getting too hot, it was just my boot touching the headers...

Solid idea. I'll have to try that this afternoon.

·
Diamond member
9,068 Posts
I have some marks.. no melting footwear though..
I see it as character,, like the shifter divot and wear on my left riding shoe. it evens that out. Lol

·
Registered
188 Posts
And now it begins. Congratulations on being the first one to entertain the old School stuff! Now we need the leather fringe post and we're off to races! Lol
Leather handgrip tassels......color even coordinates well with the RR colors.

·
Registered
188 Posts
So I was out riding last weekend, having a good time. Got home and noticed a big black stain on my pipes, and a chunk melted out of my right boot... Lovely. Fortunately I was able to get it cleaned up pretty easily.

The boots I had on at the time did have some pretty thick soles, but still I'm a little nervous about how close the rear brake is to the pipes. Anybody else had this issue?

I'm thinking of putting some heat wrap on, I just think it will not look great on the satin Akropovic pipes.
Did the same thing on mine on day one. Just let the pipes cool and it scraped off with a fingernail.

·
Bronze member
1,767 Posts
I did the first long ride. Scrapped off the rubber and then adjusted how I keep my feet placed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
636 Posts
You've only got a few options on how to run the exhaust system headers so they are the most efficient in their design. So there is some give and take that has to be accepted. A small section of header wrap in those areas usually helps.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts