Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE for September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
So I have an iPod Classic (yep, before the touch screen ones came out) and for some reason it won’t play on my ride command. It says “no USB device detected”. The iPod works fine, my bike detects my iPhone XR and plays music just fine off of that, and I have a new USB cord and lightning-to-30 pin adapter but for some reason when I plug in the iPod and turn the bike on the iPod says “preparing to disconnect” and then eventually says “ok to disconnect”.
Anyways I don’t want to spend the money on a newer iPod (I want to have more music than what my phone holds) so I’m at a loss as to why it won’t work...
Have you tried just a USB to 30 pin connector ( without using the lightning adapter) by plugging the USB into the female USB cable into the dash compartment? Im thinking the issue is the older iPod isnt liking the lightning adapter. The original cord that came with your iPod was USB to 30 pin.

Another idea to try if that doesnt work is to order a bluetooth dongle that plugs into the headphone port on the iPod. (amazon about 20 bucks or so) then simply bluetooth it to the radio.

·
Registered
209 Posts
That was the first cable that I tried. It works plugged into my computer but no bueno on the bike, that’s why I ordered the adapter in case it was the original cord.
Well that sucks. Try the bluetooth dongle. I used one at work on a police scanner that couldnt be moved due to a short outside antenna lead. Plugged it into the headphone jack and then paired it with a bluetooth speaker in the patrol Lieutenants office down the hall and it works great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.