Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my eye on those Spirit Lake Redwing boots ever since I saw the news blurb a few months ago. The blurb said they would be available in July... well here we are...
Anyone out there with inside information on when these things come out and where I can find them?

·
Registered
2014 Vintage, 2000 Gilroy Silver Cloud,1973 Indian Dirt Bike
708 Posts
I'm hoping that won't be the released price, I sure wouldn't pay it and I think many are on the same boat.
Just so you folks know, once you buy these boots Redwing store will re oil them every month,repair any flaw,replace shoe laces for as long as you own them...for free!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Those things are beautiful.... AND I don't think I need to talk about Red Wing quality.... Pricing is always an interesting point of view.... I am a big time road bicycle nut... High end road cycling shoes cost $400-$500 all day long and last a season or two.... The Red Wings almost sound like a deal for a shoe that will probably last for years....

·
Registered
708 Posts
All of my work boots have always been redwings. Can't compare the quality to much else, and the fact that they oil them and re-lace them any time you ask is great.
stopped in at my Redwing store yesterday and they haven't heard anything and she took my number to call me when they do. They know about them but haven't heard anything from corporate yet. Supposed to be out in July.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I am curious how these were "modified for Indian Motorcycle use?"

I do like the color of the Spirit Lake version. What makes them "not ideal for motorcycle use."

The Engineer style boots do not look any different than what is already on Redwing's website.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts

I do like the color of the Spirit Lake version. What makes them "not ideal for motorcycle use."

The Engineer style boots do not look any different than what is already on Redwing's website.
Honestly I get the feeling at this point that it is just a sales gimmick, but maybe not.

·
Registered
708 Posts

guess we will have to wait and see when they do come out to find out these answers.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts

I was thinking the same thing. It looks like the Indian version is maybe 3 or 4 inches higher to provide a bit more ankle support. For warm weather, the engineer boots that they already make look good to me.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Nice boots but way overpriced.....plus, they're way too short for me. I have my old combat boot which are taller and cost much less but they're too short too. Bought a pair of mid-calf Xelement zippered boots for 1/3 the price and have been wearing them for a few years now. Nothing wrong with Redwings but there are less expensive alternatives because they don't say "Indian" or "Redwing" on them. YMMV

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I worked for company quite a few years ago and they decided we all needed to wear steel toed shoes/boots. They was willing to buy the first pair so out to the shoe truck I went. Got me some of those redwings. They still sit in the closet near new... I call them the cripplers. One day in those boots and you may never walk again. Anybody want some free boots, size 8. Just pay shipping and there all yours.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts