Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard rumors of a 750 Indian to compete in the production twins class? I’m surprised they have not gone after this market on the street or track. Even if they are worried about taking sales from the FTR, how about a 750 Scout?

·
Founding Member / Distinguished
4,379 Posts
Has anyone heard rumors of a 750 Indian to compete in the production twins class? I’m surprised they have not gone after this market on the street or track. Even if they are worried about taking sales from the FTR, how about a 750 Scout?
I was wondering the same thing lol. I’ve come to the conclusion that they never was planning on a production based 750 since it’s going on the 4th year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
4,379 Posts
I was wondering the same thing lol. I’ve come to the conclusion that they never was planning on a production based 750 since it’s going on the 4th year.

·
Silver member
5,281 Posts
I’ve come to the conclusion Indian/Polaris is more interested in controlled, gradual growth, than explosive growth. It’s already all hands on deck with the FTR last year and the Challenger this year....

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ve come to the conclusion Indian/Polaris is more interested in controlled, gradual growth, than explosive growth. It’s already all hands on deck with the FTR last year and the Challenger this year....
They are definitely taking the slow and steady, but for the most part have put out pretty well developed, and solid bikes. However they now have 2 smaller chassis’s that could be probably still be fun to ride with a 750 engine. They could capitalize on the 750 racer, and have cheaper “entry level” bike. I hate saying that because 750 used to be a big bike, but in the cruiser world its entry level.

·
4,379 Posts
I think the patents they filed last year showed a 750 and a single.

·
Silver member
5,281 Posts
Not sure about a single, but yes, they surely thought of smaller capacity bikes too.

Guess we’ll have to wait, just look how gradual the Ducati Monster iterations developed ...

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some claimed there was a single, others said it was a different view of a twin not showing both cylinders.

Personally I think a small twin would be a safer bet than a single for a first attempt at an entry bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts