Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I like going offroad & i'm looking for a skid guard to protect the skid from flying stones that can come from the front wheel & hit the oil cooler pipe.
20191025_135826.jpg

·
Rider
824 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
There’s a spoiler that covers all that stuff up front but I don’t know what it’s made of , I emailed the maker but haven’t heard back yet
85777AFF-36BE-4685-833F-DF52358FE5FE.png

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,315 Posts
Looks like plastic. Not very protective outside of keeping mud & dirt off that area.

·
Registered
163 Posts
" and said it would be available in the spring." have never been good words when it comes ti the FTR!!!!!!!!!

·
Bronze member
1,780 Posts
Lol very true. Although I know they got a bunch of feedback on it. So if they were smart they would make them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
There’s a spoiler that covers all that stuff up front but I don’t know what it’s made of , I emailed the maker but haven’t heard back yet View attachment 576706
I'm looking for a skid plate for my FTR. Has anybody heard any updates on this prototype spoiler/skid-plate or any other after-market (preferably metal or carbon) skid plate? It's to bad that Indian doesn't offer one, as an accessory for the Rally model.

·
Registered
18 Posts
@ MilwDave... thanks for posting such great pics of the FTR Debris Shield. What is the material used for this product; Aluminum? Steel? Fiberglass? Plastic? Also... love the floor in your garage/workshop... nice!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Did you use the spacer that comes with the shield ? Mine is a witchdoctors one and that spacer will not go in.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts