Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have mine listed everywhere at a very reasonable 15,300. Not a single offer! Anyone else trying to sell and having no luck?

New low price $14,700

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I don't know what the used market currently holds for the Indian heavyweights... check competing offers to see if your presentation appears competitive and attractive. Don't present it as a lowball item though. Find locations and price ranges, depending on your location, maybe shoot a price in the middle of the pack as a starting point so that you have some negotiating room left over. Market may be very soft for these unfortunately. A good network is amongst us enthusiasts, IMRGs and so on. Word of Mouth is powerful.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
I agree with what dieselgman has said ,but it appears to be the soft market all over the world with both cars and bikes ,even new sales are way down here in Australia. In fact you can almost buy new at cost prices because the dealerships are not moving anything in great numbers here in Australia ,when they trade a bike or car in a lot of cases they have them on their floor or in their yards for very long periods of time. That does not give you a lot of hope I know ,but wish you well in the sale, just keep it up in peoples faces ,you will find someone that will buy it for the right price. Hard thing for you guys is most of the country is coming out of your riding season with snow and ice etc.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
I am getting a lot of A-Holes. Like...........

You know it is only worth 5k under wholesale.
I want you to pay for a VIN check and send it to me first.
OR.....a thousand irrelevant questions.....

The news organizations have people sitting on the edge of their seats, blowing all reality out of reality.........

After their second e-mail, I am NOT nice..........I just lost a dog and another is having repeated seizures. I have NO time for MORONS......

·
Bronze member
2,267 Posts
New bike sales are way down and the used market is flush with bikes. It's a buyer's market...I don't see this changing either.

·
Silver member
3,845 Posts
Patients is key. It took 6-8 months for me to sell my 2001 Heritage Springer. Bike had about 15K on it and it was in 99.9% condition. I priced it in the middle, as diesel mentions. I had a few lookers, the usual low ball offers and stupid questions. But eventually the right buyer came along. Used market is both flooded and fickle. That, and most buyers are looking for give aways.

·
Bronze member
3,049 Posts
I think you are at a fair price myself... but my dealer has a 2019 Springfield the same exact color for 18K... which IMO yours is still a better deal.... but like with the dealers having 19's on the floor and all the rumors swirling around about Ride Command 2.0... 116 engine standard (although the Springfield wasn't listed) people are waiting I think.... but I also think they are going to have sticker shock... it doesn't help you but around here we have a consignment shop that does all rec vehicles and at your price I don't think it would last long... at least Indians and Victory's usually don't last more than 2-3 weeks if that...

Reactions: CaptFlood

·
Rider
468 Posts
People are really jerks, trying to sell the car I got when my mother passed away recently and they are like I will give $6,000 for it without even looking at it. When I have it listed at $9,400. I want a car fax and a vin check as well! I just don't answer these jerks. Your price is right on for the bike!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I believe there is a Bank/ financing lien on the OP's bike and that makes a sale much more difficult as it requires more than just handing someone money and getting a clean Title.

·
Bronze member
1,130 Posts
Very fickle market and coming into the Autumn season here in North America even tougher. I’m going this week to look at yet another used motorcycle( have 4 in the garage now) and I will be offering well below asking because several of the same are for sale and have not moved in 30-60 days. If the owner doesn’t accept the offer I’m okay with that, it’s nothing personal just the market we are in. I hope you get what you are asking. Luck for the sale. Cheers

·
Registered
222 Posts
I listed my Chief Classic with 4K miles for a short time for $11,750 late this Spring. I was going to upgrade to a Roadmaster . I had two nasty replies about "indian" in general after the first few days on Craigslist. I had 2-3 interested folks. I had one firm offer of $10,750 for the bare bike and I would keep all accessories. In the end, after getting it all polished up to sell, I decided to keep it and removed the listing. I will keep it for a long time. I think later model Motorcycles are difficult to sell. My 16 Scout ABS took 2-3 months to sell with only 1200 miles on it, but it finally did. I do agree on Patience is the Key. My Electra Glide took 4 months to sell and it was $3K under book. As my father used to say. There is a "butt" for every seat.

·
Banned
575 Posts
Patients is key. It took 6-8 months for me to sell my 2001 Heritage Springer. Bike had about 15K on it and it was in 99.9% condition. I priced it in the middle, as diesel mentions. I had a few lookers, the usual low ball offers and stupid questions. But eventually the right buyer came along. Used market is both flooded and fickle. That, and most buyers are looking for give aways.
Just have to find the right patient!!!!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

The news organizations have people sitting on the edge of their seats, blowing all reality out of reality.........

After their second e-mail, I am NOT nice..........I just lost a dog and another is having repeated seizures. I have NO time for MORONS......
yea I get a lot of that too.... many posers and scammers

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I believe there is a Bank/ financing lien on the OP's bike and that makes a sale much more difficult as it requires more than just handing someone money and getting a clean Title.
That is certainly not an issue ! Most all vehicles at this price range are financed. If they pay Polaris, they will have the title in their hand the next day. In addition, in Louisiana, a "BILL OF SALES" is the same as "POWER OF ATTORNEY" ..and a legal and executable document. You really should not have commented with out knowing the facts!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I listed my Chief Classic with 4K miles for a short time for $11,750 late this Spring. I was going to upgrade to a Roadmaster . I had two nasty replies about "indian" in general after the first few days on Craigslist. I had 2-3 interested folks. I had one firm offer of $10,750 for the bare bike and I would keep all accessories. In the end, after getting it all polished up to sell, I decided to keep it and removed the listing. I will keep it for a long time. I think later model Motorcycles are difficult to sell. My 16 Scout ABS took 2-3 months to sell with only 1200 miles on it, but it finally did.
I hear you! I might do the same thing. The world has gone crazy in so many ways!

·
Rider
462 Posts

I can sympathize, but in this market you may need to up the customer service ‘ante’ a bit. I agree, it’s aggravating to have to field questions that were likely fully answered in your post, but even a low-baller should be sent away on the best terms possible. For all you know he or she may not be a serious buyer but they may be willing to at least pass your info along to someone who is if they feel like they were treated respectfully.

I’ve bought and sold dozens of vehicles via private party. I can’t remember a single one I purchased from someone who I felt copped a ‘tude with me.

YMMV - good luck with the sale.

·
Rider
431 Posts
I feel your pain on used bike market and mine for sale too.

Reactions: 17NDNSTL

·
Rider
386 Posts
That is certainly not an issue ! Most all vehicles at this price range are financed. If they pay Polaris, they will have the title in their hand the next day. In addition, in Louisiana, a "BILL OF SALES" is the same as "POWER OF ATTORNEY" ..and a legal and executable document. You really should not have commented with out knowing the facts!
.....However it is a factor. If I'm in the used bike market with plenty to choose from, and I have cash, I want to hand over payment and expect you to hand me a clear title. I don't want to mess with Polaris..... or any other financial institution, and want a clean, quick purchase transaction. One and done.
That said ....Good luck Sir. You have a clean bike at a good price.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Patience is key when selling. I’ve sold somewhere between 12 to 14 of them but the difference is this. I never sell where I live at this time because the seasons about 8 to 10 weeks from over and pricing drops hard from now to February. I usually put mine up after Daytona is over. Everyone looking from now forward are the lowballers so don’t let them get to you. Especially if you don’t have to sell no sense in giving a good bike away. And the used indian market is not like Harleys Christ they have only been around for 6 years. If you live where it’s seasonal I’d wait till End of March if you can it will move quicker for more.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Patience is key when selling. I’ve sold somewhere between 12 to 14 of them but the difference is this. I never sell where I live at this time because the seasons about 8 to 10 weeks from over and pricing drops hard from now to February. I usually put mine up after Daytona is over. Everyone looking from now forward are the lowballers so don’t let them get to you. Especially if you don’t have to sell no sense in giving a good bike away. And the used indian market is not like Harleys Christ they have only been around for 6 years. If you live where it’s seasonal I’d wait till End of March if you can it will move quicker for more.
Seems like at 14999, which is the cheapest Indian for sale in the United States of America and the lowest mileage it’s a win-win for everybody regardless of seasons or points of view

1 - 20 of 109 Posts