Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Considering purchasing an Indian Chieftain to replace my beloved Victory Cross Country, and I'm wondering if there are any organized clubs for Indian Motorcycles like the Victory Motorcycle Club for Vics, with annual and regional meets and local chapters? Looking for local riding groups, LCs or clubs in Portland, Oregon area.

Thanks,
Jayne

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
.We need a portland dealership before a local indian rider group will get any traction. I went to lynnwood to buy my bike last October. At the time they told me that a portland dealership was expected in about March. Have you heard anything from the local victory dealer? What are the rumors you are hearing? Anyway, jump on board with an Indian, I love my black vintage # 264.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
If you like the indian then you should get one. Don't let the lack of an indian club get in your way. I'm sure there are Victory or Harley clubs that would be fine with an indian in there ranks. My Victory club accepts all American made bikes.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I'll check with our local Vic dealers - I hadn't heard the rumor of an Indian dealer starting up in Oregon before. I know the three Vic dealers here would love to sell Indians. I could ride with our local VMC chapter, but it would be nice to have a group of Indians rumbling down the road. Good opportunity to start a club if we do get the dealership!

I love the Indian - and if they come out with a white Chieftain for 2014, I'm in serious trouble. Bye-bye Cross Country!

Cheers,
Jayne

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Rod? LOL yeah I've got a Vic or two in my garage and most Vic riders lower themselves to ride with me. :) been a long-term member of Vic clubs looking for more fun and less structure. I just want to find out if there's anything Indian-specific in OR, or maybe look to starting a riding club. No officers, no meetings, no by laws, no dues, no BS, let's just get together and ride!

·
Gold member
6,448 Posts
Like Nikes trade mark saying " Just do it" Good Luck with it, it only takes two to start a club! And only have fees and charges for Victory Motorcycles & Harley's lol

·
Registered
137 Posts
There is one in Vancouver that meets at Pro Caliber. Just drop by there and ask, and they'll give you details. Tell them Jiva sent you.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Rod? LOL yeah I've got a Vic or two in my garage and most Vic riders lower themselves to ride with me. :) been a long-term member of Vic clubs looking for more fun and less structure. I just want to find out if there's anything Indian-specific in OR, or maybe look to starting a riding club. No officers, no meetings, no by laws, no dues, no BS, let's just get together and ride!
Ughhh....Hate to tell you...you got it backwards...you lower yourself to ride with them. You by joining them for a ride raise them up.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts