·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't wait to see what they announce on 09March

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Heard it's going to be 1940's technology wrapped in Candy Paint, and cost about 30 times more than it would have in 1940, Oh wait a minute wrong company! sorry my mistake!!!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any good Indian Motor Rumors?
The new Indian motor is going to be 124 cubic inches and air cooled only. It'll have hydraulic mounts with an all new 7 speed transmission.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gonna happen March 09 at Daytona ... I'll be in Daytona then .. We will See ...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
10966 said:
The new Indian motor is going to be 124 cubic inches and air cooled only. It'll have hydraulic mounts with an all new 7 speed transmission.
Given all of the EPA rumors it will be interesting to see if they've engineered it to become water-cooled down the road

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jay you going to Supercross, or the Flat Track?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got some news for Indian. Drop a Vic engine in and then drop your price by 10k. Then maybe we will see one on the road.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm just hoping that the engine is chromed to the gills and it has a modern style but still reminiscent of the older ones.
(You just know a Porsche is a Porsche from 1960s to 2013. no need for a nameplate.)
It has to make the HD guys just cream their pants to get one. Heck, It needs to make just about anyone want to sell their organs to get one. No two should ever be alike. There needs to be subtle differences in each one coming off the line.
Even 2 blacks ones side by side of the same model should have something obvious that is different.
It would be neat if there was a nameplate with the engine builders name on it somewhere inconspicuous but visible. (small signature)(you got a Jerry?!?!, Mine is a Michael. I have a buddy that has a Robert)
Customer service MUST be better than victory's from corporate.
It cannot retail for more than $35k and there needs to be several models in the low to mid $20-25k range.
It must not shake like the HD at idle.
Attention to detail must be accomplished.
Those are my thoughts for the Indian line to be revived and to succeed as a profitable division of Polaris.
Polaris could learn a thing or two from HD on customer service and marketing. Just don't copy their bikes.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<span>Seeing as how an Indian Motorcycle won that initial Daytona 200, it&rsquo;s only fitting the company has big plans for its return to Daytona International Speedway (DIS) during Bike Week this year. On Saturday, March 16,</span><a href='http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/744/15588/Motorcycle-Article/Indian-Motorcycles-Big-Plans-for-Bike-Week.aspx' target='_blank'>Indian Motorcycle</a><span> will return to the fabled banks of DIS for the &ldquo;Indian Motorcycle Spring Dash&rdquo; where former 200 winner Don Emde will lead approximately 400 motorcyclists around the track. Indian is sponsoring the dash to commemorate the 65th anniversary of Floyd Emde&rsquo;s dominant win of the Daytona 200 beach race and Don, Floyd&rsquo;s son, will lead the charge on a tribute Big Base Scout he built to replicate the bike his father rode to victory on in 1948. And while this dash is only ceremonial, the real deal takes place later that day as the 72nd Daytona 200 goes down Saturday, March 16th at 1 p.m.

</span> <span>In the celebration of this legendary anniversary, Indian Motorcycle will give away chances to make every motorcyclist&rsquo;s dream come true &mdash; an opportunity to ride their bike around the Speedway. Starting Wednesday, March 13, visit the Indian Motorcycle Store at 506 Main Street or the Indian Motorcycle display at Daytona Motor Speedway for more information and to enter for a chance to participate (1 pass per motorcycle is required / approximately 400 passes available). </span>

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm anxious to see the engine myself. I went to the Indian website today hoping maybe to get a look but nothing new there yet.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rumor has it: 111 CI, Classic styled motor, pushrods, tons of chrome

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is definately going to be a Wankle Rotary, With a 500 Watt Sound system that plays a continually looped recording of a Harley Davidson. So the die hards can have their cake and eat it too

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, here is a tidbit of information that wont tell us much of anything. My wife works for a small company in MN that happens to do plating (such as chrome, nickel etc). We were on vacation a couple weeks ago and as luck would have it...guess what showed up at the shop?? A motor from Polaris Industries that was a new 'Indian' motor they wanted chrome plated and was destined for Daytona Bike week. Unfortunately, we were gone so my wife didnt actually see it. The only information she got from the guys that did the work was that the motor leaked like crazy and the material was crap to work with. They are pretty sure it was a 'dummy' motor for display purposes only, not an actual functioning motor. My wifes company spent about $800 trying to get the chrome plating to stick to the material. They had to copper plate it first several times before the chrome would stick right. Again, this is believed to be a dummy motor for simple display purposes, not a functioning one. Wish we would have known in advance this was coming, I would have taken pics !!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
12655 said:
I'm just hoping that the engine is chromed to the gills and it has a modern style but still reminiscent of the older ones.
(You just know a Porsche is a Porsche from 1960s to 2013. no need for a nameplate.)
It has to make the HD guys just cream their pants to get one. Heck, It needs to make just about anyone want to sell their organs to get one. No two should ever be alike. There needs to be subtle differences in each one coming off the line.
Even 2 blacks ones side by side of the same model should have something obvious that is different.
It would be neat if there was a nameplate with the engine builders name on it somewhere inconspicuous but visible. (small signature)(you got a Jerry?!?!, Mine is a Michael. I have a buddy that has a Robert)
It cannot retail for more than $35k and there needs to be several models in the low to mid $20-25k range.
Those are my thoughts for the Indian line to be revived and to succeed as a profitable division of Polaris.
Polaris could learn a thing or two from HD on customer service and marketing. Just don't copy their bikes.
If Polaris delivers EVRYTHING listed above I WILL buy a dealership and sell the daylights out of them. Mark my words!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
12655 said:

Damn man it is just a motorcycle, you may need some professional help?.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
3332 said:
Does anyone have any news yet?
Thunderstroke 111 in other thread...
http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2013/03/09/breaking-news-indian-motorcycle-just-unveiled-the-thunder-stroke-111-to-power-the-2014-new-indian-line-up/comment-page-1/#comment-251082

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wx4XcWGgOyU#!

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
5512 said:
Thunderstroke 111 in other thread...
http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2013/03/09/breaking-news-indian-motorcycle-just-unveiled-the-thunder-stroke-111-to-power-the-2014-new-indian-line-up/comment-page-1/#comment-251082

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wx4XcWGgOyU#!
Thanks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts