Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I am looking to purchase a 2017 Indian Scout to replace my 2007 Vulcan 900 Classic. Just wondering if there are any fellow female riders on this forum? I would be interested in hearing about your previous ride and your current one.

·
Registered
197 Posts
It's a lot "beefy-er", while I never had problems keeping up before, it always seemed like it was a bit of an effort. Now, effortless! Have made a few adjustments, just put risers on the bars to bring them closer this weekend, have had it lowered and now all I need is a taller windshield and it'll be golden! :)

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Hi!

I am looking to purchase a 2017 Indian Scout to replace my 2007 Vulcan 900 Classic. Just wondering if there are any fellow female riders on this forum? I would be interested in hearing about your previous ride and your current one.
Scout and Vintage. Love both bikes equally, but they are completely different from each other. The first is about horsepower, the latter is all torque. Got a shop full of bikes, still.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Meg, did they make you our moderator? I half expected to see moderatress next to your name. I didn't even know they gave us a ladies forum til this afternoon.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Howdy ya'll. Started riding at 45 years of age. Been through a FZ-6, DRZ-400S, ZX-9R, R1200GSA, K1200R Sport, Hypermotard, FJR1300, Super Tenere, CB500x, and a Chieftain Dark Horse. Had frozen shoulder last year and only put 361 miles on 2 bikes. Am hoping the comfort of the Chieftain gets me back to churning out miles.

·
Registered
116 Posts
...The first is about horsepower, the latter is torque...
Motorcycles truly taught me about horsepower and torque. All those painful years in engineering school instead of a day on a race replica vs a torque monster. My first bike had 100 hp but the engine had to be screaming to get it. Love the TS111 but miss the arm yanking acceleration of a sport bike every now and then.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all - I am also considering an Indian for my next bike. I have spent the last 20 years on a variety of 2 wheelers, mostly sport touring BMW's.

Rented a few Harley's over the years - I am lucky enough to live within 2 miles of Eagle Rider in San Francisco, and can try out the Indians they have on the floor before I land on one to purchase. I have a Chieftain reserved for an 8 day trip scheduled in mid July through NCal in to Oregon.

Pretty sure I will either land on the Chieftain or Springfield. Based on what I have read of ride reviews, they both seem fairly nimble for large cruisers, and are set up well for longer trips. And they are simply gorgeous bikes !

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hello, hello ladies. So happy to have a little corner to chat. I got my license in 2007, learnt on my cousin's BMW F650. My first bike was a 1981 Yamaha Seca...that lasted all of 3 months as I'm not mechanically inclined enough to do any fixing and I found it stressful worrying about breaking down lol :eek:. So then I bought a 2009 Kawasaki Z750S, seating positions wasn't the best for my wrists so I sold that and bought a 2009 Vulcan Custom which I sold last February to pick up my 2016 Scout.

I recently took a Victory Cross Country out for a spin, before then I had been pretty apprehensive of the size but after hitting the highway I think I'm sold on a bigger bike. So now I'm considering moving over to the Chief Dark Horse, I feel like it would be a good fit for commuting and still feel stable on the highway :).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello to all. Glad to see this added forum! New to riding and currently only have 3,000 ish miles of total "time on tank". At 5 ft 1 I do pretty much sit on the gas tank to reach controls and play which limited some fit options. Started last yr. at 57 y.o. as a first timer and love this bike! It is incredible fun. Still have my 2009 used Honda Rebel which I only put 2,000 miles on before experiencing terrorized joy when test riding the Scout. It hasn't stopped. For me, I will never use all the possible get up and go of this machine- but ABS was the deal breaker. I can keep up with my husband and his Harley fat boy now. Based on reading reviews from this site-some significant short person and comfort modifications were made since bringing home my 2017 Scout in November. As seen below: Aeromach pistol grips-the angle of these really help out with grip with small hands-it's quite significant, reduced reach foot controls, seat and handlebars-still needed the bars closer to me as too much lean pressure on the wrists so changed out to Helibars (thank you forum wise ones) which is a huge help but a bit of a styling hit, Kung Fu squishy grips, Bassani two to ones, floorboards and did I mention how much I love riding this bike! Done for now but the overall goal is to black out all but that sexy engine...and of course to ride it until my license is taken away. Whatever the decision, I do hope it keeps you grinning!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 267 Posts