Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here some photos taken from the Indian configurator.

reduced reach handlebar 1.jpg
reduced reach handlebar 2.jpg
reduced reach handlebar 3.jpg
reduced reach handlebar 4.jpg

Do you feel the front "wheel-fairing" lighter to maneuver?
I do not see a black version, only the chrome one. Any alternative in black?

Thank you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had these bars installed on my RM. the bars come with a clutch cable and needed to be installed also. I am assuming that since the RM and Chieftan are identical except for the extras on the RM you will need to do the same.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had these bars installed on my RM. the bars come with a clutch cable and needed to be installed also. I am assuming that since the RM and Chieftan are identical except for the extras on the RM you will need to do the same.
Bpro215: what are your feelings with this handlebar? And comparison with the standard bar?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I had the reduced reach bars put on my 2018 Chieftain Limited and I love them! The grips are at the same angle as stock but closer to you. Unfortunately I only have a picture of the bars when I was at Corbin having a customized seat made. You can see the controls are not right up against the speaker grills like the stock handlebars. Hope this helps some. Also my bars are lowered slightly about a 1/4 inch.

I didn’t notice any change in handling.

simplesam might have a better picture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had these bars on my Springfield for about 6 weeks then removed them. What I didn't like was that they rotated my wrists to a more "knuckles-up" position, which was terribly uncomfortable. I even talked to a fabricator who said he could rotate & re-polish them to a more comfortable position but haven't done that just yet.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Here some photos taken from the Indian configurator.

View attachment 513282 View attachment 513284 View attachment 513286 View attachment 513288

Do you feel the front "wheel-fairing" lighter to maneuver?
I do not see a black version, only the chrome one. Any alternative in black?

Thank you.

I do not have the bars you reference but instead used stock bars with ROX risers. It was a $60 fix at the time and brought the bars closer to me. I attached photos of my BF on his stock (black) chieftain and my (white) chieftain. You can see the difference in the arm bend.

**my bike also has a reduced reach seat**

IMG_7485.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just had my local dealer order the reduced reach bars for my Chieftain DH. Since they only come in stainless, I will get them blasted and painted with some good 2-part epoxy paint in gloss black.
I will post pictures when I'm done. I'm hoping the new bars help on long rides for comfort.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just had my local dealer order the reduced reach bars for my Chieftain DH. Since they only come in stainless, I will get them blasted and painted with some good 2-part epoxy paint in gloss black.
I will post pictures when I'm done. I'm hoping the new bars help on long rides for comfort.
I like your idea to get it in Gloss Black.
Wait to see your photos and also your comments after riding.

I was also thinking to add Rox Risers in black to allow more adaptative positions. What do you think about this?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had Rox Risers on a past bike in an anti vibration model. They worked good, but I had to disconnect cables and reroute them. They worked as advertised, but I prefer the OEM solutions over aftermarket at this point if a solution is available. If you can afford it, go OEM. If not, Rox will work. That's just my opinion. To me, its almost always a cleaner installation, look, and function with OEM. I will let you know what I think when I'm done with mine. I'm only blasting and painting the bars, and will have the dealer install them. I stress about stripping, breaking, and messing things up on an expensive bike. I have no interest in dealing with my fairing, speakers, and electronics and am willing to pay the dealer to do the job.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts