Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
We find it useful for folks to post complete thoughts. Yes, it is unfortunate. but it is what it is........
Try not confining yourself in the box constructed by others for you. Once you engage your own mind in the collection and synthesis of information gleaned from understanding what you're doing as opposed to simply falling into familiar patterns, you might find that you're more useful and far happier than you thought you could be.

Attachments

·
Bronze member
2,565 Posts
Try not confining yourself in the box constructed by others for you. Once you engage your own mind in the collection and synthesis of information gleaned from understanding what you're doing as opposed to simply falling into familiar patterns, you might find that you're more useful and far happier than you thought you could be.
Why is it that you can take so much time articulating responses very well but you find it necessary to be so cryptic in creating this thread?

Reactions: clif02

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Why is it that you can take so much time articulating responses very well but you find it necessary to be so cryptic in creating this thread?
I'd bet your question is rhetorical and snarkfilled, but in case you're actually chasing the answer, it's because this subforum is for Motherwell and Motherwell related topics. The brevity of my initial comment would make perfect sense to the intended audience. The lay audience requires context and background and detail. Where it's required, I provide it.

ad hominem: It took very little time to craft the response. I'm unclear as to what you mean. It took far longer to create the initial post than to wax philosophical up there.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
no boxes for me...I am not constrained by anyone or anything. My mind is far more engaged than you can imagine. The field I work in, idiocy is not well tolerated. Hence my attitude about your posts. because they were full of it.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
no boxes for me...I am not constrained by anyone or anything. My mind is far more engaged than you can imagine. The field I work in, idiocy is not well tolerated. Hence my attitude about your posts. because they were full of it.
Yet, here you are hammering away on your keyboard in a thrall akin to addiction.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Yet, here you are hammering away on your keyboard in a thrall akin to addiction.

pot calling the kettle black now are we....lol......we can do this all day long.......it still isn't getting you your answer now is it?......lol...so...

what's important here? you keep pissing folks off by being an A$$ or getting your answer?

Pony up and spend the damned money to get the backrest and stop being cheap.

you bought an Indian. not a Harley. It always amazes me that folks trip over a dollar to save a dime and this is one of those moments. If you want the backrest buy it! or make your own like I would do if I was worried about price...what I wouldn't do is come to an Indian forum and ***** about the prices of accessories...it is what it is and no amount of bitching about it is going to get the manufacturer to lower their prices.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
pot calling the kettle black now are we....lol......we can do this all day long.......it still isn't getting you your answer now is it?......lol...so...

what's important here? you keep pissing folks off by being an A$$ or getting your answer?

Pony up and spend the damned money to get the backrest and stop being cheap.

you bought an Indian. not a Harley. It always amazes me that folks trip over a dollar to save a dime and this is one of those moments. If you want the backrest buy it! or make your own like I would do if I was worried about price...what I wouldn't do is come to an Indian forum and ***** about the prices of accessories...it is what it is and no amount of bitching about it is going to get the manufacturer to lower their prices.
Luckily this thread wasn't about you nor is the subforum relevant to one as gifted a maker as yourself. Though, I get that you find it hard to believe that it could be so.

Further I think you've missed the meaning of the metaphor "pot calling the kettle black." I started this post. It matters to me, the topic is relevant to me, and vollying witless banter takes up very little of my time while I extract great joy at doing so. I certainly will respond in kind to anything posted. I appreciate the diversion even in the face a complete lack of helpful information or insight into the human condition. It's nice to rub elbows with you guys with the big money.

·
Registered
743 Posts
It seems to me if someone wanted to know if a manufacturer were making a product,one would go to their website

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
It amazes me the number of folks who make purchases without thoroughly thinking them through. No thought about upkeep or accessories. Happens all the time and then the whining starts. Maybe you should have bought a Honda.....(Kidding.....I'm glad you own an Indian. It's one of the greatest bikes being made at this time, and you made a wise decision)

Truly hope you get your answer and a backrest.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
one last thought...truly hope to see you one day. I'll buy the first beer. I too like to banter and truly missed my calling as I should have been a lawyer.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
It seems to me if someone wanted to know if a manufacturer were making a product,one would go to their website
..or the internet forum of which they are a supporting vendor. Yep, I agree.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
It amazes me the number of folks who make purchases without thoroughly thinking them through. No thought about upkeep or accessories. Happens all the time and then the whining starts. Maybe you should have bought a Honda.....(Kidding.....I'm glad you own an Indian. It's one of the greatest bikes being made at this time, and you made a wise decision)

Truly hope you get your answer and a backrest.
Oh I do love the smell of condescension in the morning. Thanks for sharing it and your amazement.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
lol....no condescension. Truth. I've seen many people make this mistake and have done it myself in the past...but I learned and now make intelligent decisions about how and what I spend my money on.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts