Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...you'll make a quick-release release backrest/sissybar for the Chieftain?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
no sarcasm intended......they've had them listed on the site for months now........
I was hoping to prod the manufacturer into making one of their own to compete with the Pinnacle. If that's our only choice for quick-release, then we're hostage to that price point of subject to an predictable used parts market. Feel me?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Pinnacle is the "style" indian has labeled some parts with...they are not aftermarket...they are listed on the Indian site......."Pinnacle collection".....

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pinnacle is the "style" indian has labeled some parts with...they are not aftermarket...they are listed on the Indian site......."Pinnacle collection".....
What we have here is a failure to communicate.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I was hoping to prod the manufacturer into making one of their own to compete with the Pinnacle. If that's our only choice for quick-release, then we're hostage to that price point of subject to an predictable used parts market. Feel me?
The manufacturer did make one...the one I sent the link for. If you are bitching about price, you'll not get much sympathy from me...it is what it is. I've never worried about cost for things if I want and or need them.

you asked if the manufacturer was going to make one and they have. sorry if I've missed your point somehow. It is an Indian backrest that is part of the pinnacle collection.

Please esplain lucy so I can see the light please......lol.

·
Bronze member
2,565 Posts
In all fairness your OP was very vague. It really makes no sense to me. When you make unclear posts, you should expect unclear responses.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The manufacturer did make one...the one I sent the link for. If you are bitching about price, you'll not get much sympathy from me...it is what it is. I've never worried about cost for things if I want and or need them.

you asked if the manufacturer was going to make one and they have. sorry if I've missed your point somehow. It is an Indian backrest that is part of the pinnacle collection.

Please esplain lucy so I can see the light please......lol.
I posted a request in the Supporting Vendors/Motherwell Forum. Motherwell makes a fantastic quick-detach luggage rack. My request was to know if Motherwell had considered or would consider making a sissybar.

You jumped in and "educated" me on the Pinnacle line of Indian aftermarket and OEM [in some cases] parts. My hope is that you are now sufficiently illuminated and that any sympathy you thought I might be searching for remains firmly lodged wherever in yourself that you keep it.

Please resist the urge to continue this conversation.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In all fairness your OP was very vague. It really makes no sense to me. When you make unclear posts, you should expect unclear responses.
I'm good with "all fairness". Please point out the vagary or ambiguity in the opening post of this thread in the context of this forum. I'll be happy to fix it, ad hominem.

·
Bronze member
2,565 Posts
I'm good with "all fairness". Please point out the vagary or ambiguity in the opening post of this thread in the context of this forum. I'll be happy to fix it, ad hominem.
First of all, your thread is titled "Any chance...". No one searching through the threads would have any idea what this refers to. It is not a complete sentence.
Secondly, your post "...you'll make a quick-release release backrest/sissybar for the Chieftain?" makes a little more sense but again it is also an unfinished sentence. Who is "you'll"? Are you asking or telling? You have too many releases in here. I understand it has something to do with a "quick-release backrest/sissybar for the Chieftain" but I have no idea beyond that. Are you asking if there is one, or telling us there needs to be one, or you want one? I have no idea.
I don't mean to pick apart your post but when you start criticizing others that reply to it, what do you expect? If you want clear responses to your questions, take the time to complete your sentences.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
First of all, your thread is titled "Any chance...". No one searching through the threads would have any idea what this refers to. It is not a complete sentence.
Secondly, your post "...you'll make a quick-release release backrest/sissybar for the Chieftain?" makes a little more sense but again it is also an unfinished sentence. Who is "you'll"? Are you asking or telling? You have too many releases in here. I understand it has something to do with a "quick-release backrest/sissybar for the Chieftain" but I have no idea beyond that. Are you asking if there is one, or telling us there needs to be one, or you want one? I have no idea.
I don't mean to pick apart your post but when you start criticizing others that reply to it, what do you expect? If you want clear responses to your questions, take the time to complete your sentences.

Yep...the ambiguity in this one was beyond understanding anything.....complete thoughts and sentences would have gotten you the answer you needed. Had the title been "Motherwell quick release backrest", the whole world would have known what was going on in your head...absent that, you get what you get. sorry if I've pissed in your Wheaties today. It wasn't meant that way, only to try and help and this is what I get. you are definitely not worth wasting any more of my time on. I'll refrain from answering anything you post...even if I'm the sole guy with the answer....your loss.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep...the ambiguity in this one was beyond understanding anything.....complete thoughts and sentences would have gotten you the answer you needed. Had the title been "Motherwell quick release backrest", the whole world would have known what was going on in your head...absent that, you get what you get. sorry if I've pissed in your Wheaties today. It wasn't meant that way, only to try and help and this is what I get. you are definitely not worth wasting any more of my time on. I'll refrain from answering anything you post...even if I'm the sole guy with the answer....your loss.
What is the title of this Forum? As for refraining, please don't allow me to encourage you to change your mind. I'd prefer to engage those that are a bit more cognizant of their digital surroundings. But, I do appreciate your willingness to help out those that you feel are less fortunate than yourself.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
So, I suppose my error was in the presumption that the subforum titles dictated the relevance and context to the questions asked. It did't occur to me, in my hope to enter into a short dialog with a Motherwell representative, that the general population would scan the the thread titles, disregard the subforum, and then demand I explain myself when I respond dismissively.

One final note in the defense of my post, though grammatically I feel that I 'm on solid ground, the title of the post "Any chance..." <--notice the trailing punctuation was followed by the antecedent leading punctuation marks --> "...you'll make a quick-release release backrest/sissybar for the Chieftain?" which I felt clearly contained the object "backrest/sissybar" .

I felt ALL of that, in a forum about and potentially for the manufacturer of quick release hardware, was both clear and concise.

I'll try to do better.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
So, I suppose my error was in the presumption that the subforum titles dictated the relevance and context to the questions asked. It did't occur to me, in my hope to enter into a short dialog with a Motherwell representative, that the general population would scan the the thread titles, disregard the subforum, and then demand I explain myself when I respond dismissively.

I'll try to do better.
A lot of people that use tapatalk to access the forum don't really see the subforum. Mostly just the title of the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A lot of people that use tapatalk to access the forum don't really see the subforum. Mostly just the title of the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's unfortunate. I find it helpful to know where I am before I start talking.

·
Bronze member
2,565 Posts
I always read "New Posts" so the subforum is not that clear.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts