Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know I've seen a few posts about AntiGravity batteries but the previous posts mentioned that the battery had to go in sideways and meant it was hard to hit the restart button.

I was on their website and it looks like they made a battery that fits normally (doesn't have to go in sideways) and the restart button would be on top. Just wondering if anyone has this battery yet? I ordered it but it says it's on backorder (which I would think means a lot of people have ordered it - but maybe for other motorcycles... idk)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Looks interesting but what is the actual warranty?

Tim

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like 3 years from the website. I ordered it and they said they should have more in stock this week so I'll probably get it early next week. I'll update everyone then but it sounds like a pretty awesome battery and others posts/reviews on it seem great

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
I have a lithium battery on my Scout.
I didn't purchase it, it came as a perk when I gave my bike up to develop the Big Bore kit.

It will be coming out. I used them on track bikes in the past and they have a purpose for sure, but I found out once again, they still need some improvement.
if you live in a warm climate, you likely won't have problems. But once it gets chilly, it sucks.. some mornings it takes 4-5 start attempts to warm the batt enough to turn the engine. In the past just having the key on lighting the lights up for a minute or 2 was enough, but since I have LEDs and Modern bikes have more efficient electrics, that old trick doesn't work so well anymore.
in short, IMHO unless you live in a warm climate, or are trying to save every bit of weight possible, I see no point in them.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've seen people mention the cold weather issues. How cold are we talking? I live in southern California so it never gets crazy cold here as in other parts of the country

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just an update.

Installed this over the weekend and it works great! The battery sits upright but is a little shorter than the stock battery so there is extra room and the re-start button is easily accessible. The extra CCAs help the bike start right up without any hesitation. Pretty pricy battery but I have no complaints so far

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just an update.

Installed this over the weekend and it works great! The battery sits upright but is a little shorter than the stock battery so there is extra room and the re-start button is easily accessible. The extra CCAs help the bike start right up without any hesitation. Pretty pricy battery but I have no complaints so far
I don't need a battery right now but I am interested to see how long this battery will last. Please keep us posted if you have any issues. Did you buy a special charger with this battery so it won't void the warranty?

Tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts