Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

The whip antenna was getting in the way of my luggage and during a moment of weakness I impulse bought the Kuryakyn billet antenna replacement with the adapter. (PN: 863, 869) The install was fairly easy. I had what I thought was the genius idea of removing the grommet and it turned out to be a PITA to get it back in but I think it made the install easier. I like the look a lot better but I haven't tested the radio yet. I almost never use AM/FM. There's a split washer on the factory connector that I reused.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hello Everyone,

The whip antenna was getting in the way of my luggage and during a moment of weakness I impulse bought the Kuryakyn billet antenna replacement with the adapter. (PN: 863, 869) The install was fairly easy. I had what I thought was the genius idea of removing the grommet and it turned out to be a PITA to get it back in but I think it made the install easier. I like the look a lot better but I haven't tested the radio yet. I almost never use AM/FM. There's a split washer on the factory connector that I reused.

View attachment 605566 View attachment 605567 View attachment 605568 View attachment 605569
I have the same one.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hope that works for you, let us know. I changed mine to a 34 buck Ebay rubber (claiming to have copper inside) antenna and it sucked. I also hardly ever use the radio but when I want to use it, I expect it to work. I put the whip back on.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hope that works for you, let us know. I changed mine to a 34 buck Ebay rubber (claiming to have copper inside) antenna and it sucked. I also hardly ever use the radio but when I want to use it, I expect it to work. I put the whip back on.
I never listen to the radio. I Bluetooth my phone and play music from it. Mine is purely for aesthetics

1 - 5 of 5 Posts