Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week I got my new seat from Seth Laam at Laam Custom Seats. Here's my story.

Because I'd had some success with them on other motorcycle I've before the Scout, I tried an AirHawk pad (not much help no matter how much air I tried), a Mustang seat (eh, better than stock but not much), and a Corbin (the best of this lot but still left my "sit bones" aching after less than an hour).

Then I decided to give a custom seat a try. Laam seats have been reviewed by others on the forum so I decided to give them a try. (ScoutBillyBob on July 7 in the thread "Please help...my poor aching butt")

I've been out for a couple rides with the new seat and it has been a very enjoyable experience. I can honestly state that I have no more butt ache even after hours of riding. I stop for gas because I'm getting low on gas instead of stopping to get off the seat and let my butt recover (and even then it wasn't long until I would be aching again and looking for another place to stop).

The seats are hand-made custom jobs. The size (width, length, depth) are matched to the customer's weight and inseam. You can see in the photos below, my seat on the right and another Scout on the left, that my seat is a bit wider and longer front to back because, to put it politely, I'm a "big" guy ;).

IMG_4342.jpg Laam seat 1.jpg

My only complaint about my Scout has been the seat. Now I have a really comfortable seat and no complaints.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
This week I got my new seat from Seth Laam at Laam Custom Seats. Here's my story.

Because I'd had some success with them on other motorcycle I've before the Scout, I tried an AirHawk pad (not much help no matter how much air I tried), a Mustang seat (eh, better than stock but not much), and a Corbin (the best of this lot but still left my "sit bones" aching after less than an hour).

Then I decided to give a custom seat a try. Laam seats have been reviewed by others on the forum so I decided to give them a try. (ScoutBillyBob on July 7 in the thread "Please help...my poor aching butt")

I've been out for a couple rides with the new seat and it has been a very enjoyable experience. I can honestly state that I have no more butt ache even after hours of riding. I stop for gas because I'm getting low on gas instead of stopping to get off the seat and let my butt recover (and even then it wasn't long until I would be aching again and looking for another place to stop).

The seats are hand-made custom jobs. The size (width, length, depth) are matched to the customer's weight and inseam. You can see in the photos below, my seat on the right and another Scout on the left, that my seat is a bit wider and longer front to back because, to put it politely, I'm a "big" guy ;).

View attachment 519348 View attachment 519350

My only complaint about my Scout has been the seat. Now I have a really comfortable seat and no complaints.
How much did it cost?

·
Registered
108 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts