Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
image.jpg
image.jpg
I couldn't ride today, but my husband decided to take advantage of the weather and did his first 60 mile jaunt. He's been on her before, but just for some quickies.

He was hoping to pose the bike next to a mural on the wall of one of the Mexican brothels, alas it's been painted over this morning.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
View attachment 5571 View attachment 5572 I couldn't ride today, but my husband decided to take advantage of the weather and did his first 60 mile jaunt. He's been on her before, but just for some quickies.

He rides sport bikes and tracks, so his riding style is completely different.

For what it's worth: Overall, bike far exceeded his expectations from a cruiser, and he notices many similarities to his sporting ways. Glenn, you and him have similar taste in bikes, and I think you said the same thing. The two things he criticized were the dampening on the rear shock and the sluggish throttle response. He's got a Chief on order.

He was hoping to pose the bike next to a mural on the wall of one of the Mexican brothels, alas it's been painted over this morning.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
View attachment 5571 View attachment 5572 I couldn't ride today, but my husband decided to take advantage of the weather and did his first 60 mile jaunt. He's been on her before, but just for some quickies.

He rides sport bikes and tracks, so his riding style is completely different.

For what it's worth: Overall, bike far exceeded his expectations from a cruiser, and he notices many similarities to his sporting ways. Glenn, you and him have similar taste in bikes, and I think you said the same thing. The two things he criticized were the dampening on the rear shock and the sluggish throttle response. He's got a Chief on order.

I also noticed a sluggish throttle response on the demo rides that I thought I would just adapt to. While picking up the bike and talking to a knowledgeable rider I was told that the stage 1 pipes resolved the throttle lag time along with a slight performance increase and different sound. Well why not drop another grand while in Vegas. Don't know how the pipes corrected the sluggishness, but it did. The service tech who did the 500 mile thing also noticed it as mine was the bike with first stage 1 he serviced. As for sound, OME or Stage 1, both sound good to me.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also noticed a sluggish throttle response on the demo rides that I thought I would just adapt to. While picking up the bike and talking to a knowledgeable rider I was told that the stage 1 pipes resolved the throttle lag time along with a slight performance increase and different sound. Well why not drop another grand while in Vegas. Don't know how the pipes corrected the sluggishness, but it did. The service tech who did the 500 mile thing also noticed it as mine was the bike with first stage 1 he serviced. As for sound, OME or Stage 1, both sound good to me.
Good to know. Possibly the reflash.

·
Registered
207 Posts
This is certainly NOT the best place to post it. First, it's an impolite thread-jacking. Second, current threads such as this are quickly pushed to the bottom then the next page. Please delete it from here and post it as its own thread.
Sorry...deleting

·
Registered
207 Posts
This is certainly NOT the best place to post it. First, it's an impolite thread-jacking. Second, current threads such as this are quickly pushed to the bottom then the next page. Please delete it from here and post it as its own thread.
Now that I have stepped back and taken a breath. There was no need to reply in such an offensive way. I thought I was clear that I wasn't sure if it was the correct place to post. Maybe a little nicer approach would have achieved your goal more appropriately. I realize I'am not anywhere near your expertise of motorcycles, but after spending the last 40 years in the retail business I get how to deal with people in a nice and respectful manner.

·
Super Moderator
5,860 Posts
Now that I have stepped back and taken a breath. There was no need to reply in such an offensive way. I thought I was clear that I wasn't sure if it was the correct place to post. Maybe a little nicer approach would have achieved your goal more appropriately. I realize I'am not anywhere near your expertise of motorcycles, but after spending the last 40 years in the retail business I get how to deal with people in a nice and respectful manner.
Meggie can certainly stand her own ground and I don't speak for her, but I don't believe she was disrespectful or impolite. She is the OP, and, she is right. Many posters simply blast out a question or post without ever looking to see if the subject has already been treated in another thread. Had you looked at the Forum page, listing all the forums, you would see the Indian Motorcycles Classified Forum. THAT would be the place to post for a bike for sale.

On the other hand,please don't be put off by this, many make the same mistake. We all make mistakes. We all welcome you and the information you may seek and share. I find this particular forum is somewhat self-governing and tolerant, but hijacking a thread is annoying and aggravating to many, myself included. I also hate the bashing of other brands yet take heart in the joy and pride of Indian ownership. I have found that the folks on this forum are extremely knowledgeable, smart and possess loads of wisdom. Play nice and you'll be richly rewarded.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Every thread on here ends up way off topic; you're just the first to point out your mistake. Hell, NickJ has begged people not to clutter up a few of his threads, but folks have made a 50 page mess out of them. It's all cool. Welcome to the forum.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts