Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
71B6FB85-4E4E-4B13-874A-E99E9AF3119C.png I have searched and read about every thread on the subject here so far. Here is my situation. I carry a tire plug kit,CO2, few additional tools that don’t fit in the front tool bag. Also my meds, a windbreaker, small notebook, a small bottle of gas stabilizer, couple clean rags. AND -I have to carry a collapsible walking cane. I have a couple. The smallest folds down to 13-1/2”. I used to carry a Tim-buc II messenger bag for awhile, too hot, and a PITA. I then went to a heavy black canvas tool bag strapped to my curved rear rack. Worked ok to carry most of my stuff, but still a PITA and didn’t look very good. So I’m at a point I need saddlebags. I’ve had many bikes before, some I installed hard or soft saddlebags. My dilemma is I really don’t want larger than I need plus my Khrome Werks exhaust is 4”, like the stock pipes, and although I will be using the quick mount /removable brackets . looks like I’m limited to certain size/ shape of bags. I looked at Leather works slim retro bags. Nice ,but would end up having to be mounted up too high to clear the exhaust. So I see these/ this type at a local shop. (See pic) Synthetic leather, I’m ok with that. Plus they are reinforced inside. I can mount them the height I need. I’ve seen some of you with similar ones ( shape). Any opinions,pictures,thoughts,pros-cons, magic chants ,before I purchase anything. Any comments welcome. Thanks

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Indian saddlebags are too big for my tastes, thanks for the offer. I was really wanting something that would keep the nostalgic look. I believe almost all saddlebags were just straight in the old days. I have found a few that are, but not wide enough to mount the quick brackets, or too large and would overwhelm the look of the Scout. Anyone with a med set of straight bags on their Scout ? Pics ?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Jonscout. I will be using the easy brackets on/ with what ever saddlebags I buy. That means the bags will have to be a minimum of 13” wide ( assuming-brackets on order) because of the brackets utilize spools that go in place of the rear side fender bolts. That is one reason I thought I may have to go with the DS Daniel bag ( pic I posted) -that type bag is wider but shorter height -kinda like a capsule shape. Now the straight type saddlebags I’ve seen ,that are wide enough would have to sit higher (because of my exhaust) and (IMO) may look too big on the bike. ( picky huh ?). I’ve already experimented w/ buying and changing exhaust,seats,handlebars,mirrors, and I don’t need to buy saddlebags more than once if I can help it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts