Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Senior member / rider
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the Mother Ships home web site they have another model being released in Chicago on the 13th. Along with a ride to the unveiling.

·
Super Moderator
5,854 Posts
Very interesting. That may suggest a model based on current frames and engine.
More will be revealed . . .

·
Registered
43 Posts
Scout - takes all Sportsters
Chief - takes Deluxe
Vintage - takes Heritage
Not so sure about the FL's they're pretty good and this is probably the toughest part of the market with the highest stakes
Darkhorse - maybe targets Softails
I say go Indian and have some fun.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Nice New machine but they haven't got the last one out yet:oops:

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Looks like a cool ride. Lets hope all the orders are filled before Polaris starts manufacturing another model!
Ride safe

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Good looking ride...

Wonder if it has the big freaking bedpan for the AC?
Semper Fi,
Z

·
Registered
332 Posts
I wish they could get on with production of the models they have now, and get them out the door.
I agree, this ones a little easier, it's just a paint job and a few new accessories.
It could be the reason for the snafu with the Scout. If they were trying to do 2 things at once and things got out of hand (read Scout) while trying to change paint around to do the DH.
It does hurt to see DH deliveries scheduled for mid March

·
Registered
711 Posts
I agree, this ones a little easier, it's just a paint job and a few new accessories.
It could be the reason for the snafu with the Scout. If they were trying to do 2 things at once and things got out of hand (read Scout) while trying to change paint around to do the DH.
It does hurt to see DH deliveries scheduled for mid March
I think the issues with the Scout were really awful and the communications with buyers were too little and too late. But to be fair the production line for Chief based bikes is separate from the Scout line so It seems doubtful the DH fielding interfered. I think they erred on the front end - the line wasn't ready and they outsourced the paint on a set of the first run to try to keep up with demand. IMHO they didn't understand that Indian customers were - by definition - buyers looking for high quality.

·
Registered
970 Posts
No oil cooler, interesting!
I agree, that makes me wonder how much that Polaris deemed them nesscecery on the 111 thunderstoke's.
The cooler can't be that much of a expense, considering what it could save them warranty-wise, if they truly make much of a difference on these engines.

·
Super Moderator
4,867 Posts
I couldn't see how an oil cooler wouldn't help, the TS111 makes a lot of heat?

I've seen a few pictures of the DH, odd that some have oil coolers and some don't. The picture of the DH in this thread has an oil cooler.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts