Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a letter today that my bike may be one that may have front light problems they are working on a fix it said.. anyone else get one ?

·
Bronze member
3,940 Posts
i got a letter today that my bike may be one that may have front light problems they are working on a fix it said.. anyone else get one ?

This might be about the earlier models having issues with he connector plugs overheating and arcing. At least now they will fix everyone that has had issues.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well atleast we with 014 bikes dont have some of the electric probs some of the newer RM s have. my lights are still fine. bike is great GREAT clacky running machine haha

·
Registered
153 Posts
My 2015 Chieftain had to get 2 ECMs & the 2nd time the factory told the dealer to replace to whole wiring harness. But I used to work for AMP connectors & noticed it was just a poor low cost connector with insufficient pressure between the male & female mating surfaces to the ECM that cause the poor connection - then arching then heating then cycling over & over every day I road to work until it had solder coming out the ECM connection point. Not an issue for the Roadmaster because the lower current draw from the LEDs. I noticed mine going intermittent with dropping both head light & spot lights because I road to work year round. Cycled the connector & lights came back on but soon noticed the white connector turning brown where the wires for the head light entered the ECM. Dealer & factory 1st tried to say I used non Indian replacement lights until I showed them the wattage was the same & the Govt already banned dealers from using that shit that only their replacement parts would work.

Still wondering why they did not got thru a relay to handle the higher current instead of coming directly out of the ECM. Sorry I forgot, cost reductions but you may leave a rider with out ANY light at 5:30 pm in the dark during the winter. BULL SHIT, good thing I knew to cycle the connector so I could get home from work!

Have fun with the rework because my whole harness replacement cause lots of other minor issue to show up.

After 45K mile the old 2015 Chieftain got traded in for the a new 2018 Roadmaster with LEDs so should not have any of that old issue.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Mine started acting up 3 years ago. Sometimes they would work, sometimes no. So I took em off. Now I gotta put em back on so they can fix the problem. Geez.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts