Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My forum buddy @Art0565 made my front fender bib a while back. He knows that I am a Vietnam War Veteran, and he made an insert to sew into my seat. I gave him a few ideas, but I told him to interpret it however he wanted, because I know his taste is impeccable. Here is the results...
I'll show the fender bib first, and then the seat insert.

As soon as I have it sewn in, I will post the final product. I will be sending him a seat to be used as an exchange seat for his customers, so there won't be a long down-time. Art takes on projects that he enjoys doing. If you are a difficult or overly demanding person, please go somewhere else. If you will trust his ideas, skills, and talents... he will not disappoint you!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
Absolutely beautiful work! It looks awesome!

Reactions: Chief Signguru

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very cool! How is it attached to the fender?
It attaches with the leather in front formed into a hook wraps around the front lip of the fender and in very strategic places there is super-strong hook velcro sewn to the back of the leather, and matches up to the loop velcro that is taped to the fender.

·
Rider
1,232 Posts
It attaches with the leather in front formed into a hook wraps around the front lip of the fender and in very strategic places there is super-strong hook velcro sewn to the back of the leather, and matches up to the loop velcro that is taped to the fender.
It’s done really well, can’t see anything in the pic where it attaches.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
My forum buddy @Art0565 made my front fender bib a while back. He knows that I am a Vietnam War Veteran, and he made an insert to sew into my seat. I gave him a few ideas, but I told him to interpret it however he wanted, because I know his taste is impeccable. Here is the results...
I'll show the fender bib first, and then the seat insert.
View attachment 582355
View attachment 582356
View attachment 582357
View attachment 582358
View attachment 582359
View attachment 582360
As soon as I have it sewn in, I will post the final product. I will be sending him a seat to be used as an exchange seat for his customers, so there won't be a long down-time. Art takes on projects that he enjoys doing. If you are a difficult or overly demanding person, please go somewhere else. If you will trust his ideas, skills, and talents... he will not disappoint you!
Outstanding work!
Wow! Just Wow!

·
Bronze member
1,962 Posts
Beautiful craftsmanship but could you explain there red handprint.

Reactions: Chief Signguru

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Beautiful craftsmanship but could you explain there red handprint.
A sun-bleached cow skull with a native American oxide hand print as decoration. Not sure, but I'll investigate...

The meaning of the Hand symbol represented success in hand to hand combat.
In the instance of the Handprint this was a common symbol that was painted on the face of an Indian, as in war paint and also painted on their war horses.

·
Rider
1,072 Posts
Excellent leather work by your friend, congrats! I have seen a ton of it too!

Friend of mine worked for Tandy Leather for 36 years and is a Master Leather tooler, his work has been featured on Tandy Magazine covers for over 30 years, and has taught leather tooling classes world wide for Tandy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
A sun-bleached cow skull with a native American oxide hand print as decoration. Not sure, but I'll investigate...

The meaning of the Hand symbol represented success in hand to hand combat.
In the instance of the Handprint this was a common symbol that was painted on the face of an Indian, as in war paint and also painted on their war horses.

ChiefSignguru nailed it explaing the meaning of the hand, red symbolizes war, blood but it also symbolizes life, as a Vietnam vet he fought the war and lived to remember and tell about those who didn't make it back , much respect to my brother ChiefSignguru.

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ChiefSignguru nailed it explaing the meaning of the hand, red symbolizes war, blood but it also symbolizes life, as a Vietnam vet he fought the war and lived to remember and tell about those who didn't make it back , much respect to my brother ChiefSignguru. View attachment 582561
Wise words from the master craftsman and artist!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts