Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Rider
1,175 Posts
Just received and put mine on about a week ago. Very happy with it. Not super expensive, and incorporates the accessory bracket into it which Indian charges $80 for. The way I look at it for $130 I got a fender eliminator and accessory bracket. Only thing if you have a side mount bracket you have to dremel a small bit to get it to fit but not hard to do at all.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice if I would have known I would not have bought the damn Indian accessory brackets.

·
Registered
2019 Indian FTR 1200 S
488 Posts
I am torn between this and the one from New Rage Cycles with the incorporated turn signals. I haven't heard much about the NRC one though.

·
Registered
774 Posts
The naked rider was my choice....fits perfectly with no brackets required...very tidy and uses the standard indicators...don’t look out of place at all...tidies up the rear nicely...

·
Registered
379 Posts
I also have the naked rider. Purchased it from a user on here. Some minor dremeling was required for it to fit US plates but beyond that I think it’s great. You will also need to dremel/drill the holes for the accessory mounts if you want to use those, hence advantage to the Aeromach that already has them.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Did a very discreet filing job on the rear grab handle when I fitted the Indian number plates but that was it. Everything went back into place perfectly...

·
Registered
774 Posts
don't need a rear reflector in QLD Breto? lucky you!
I got pulled over for not having one on the back of my Honda once so made sure the tail tidy I got had a spot for one.
rear of the bike is always lit so its not like it's an issue if it's missing anyway

·
Registered
774 Posts
Yep we do...was just a pic of when I put it on....has the original on it now...safety first Tash...👍😎🇦🇺

·
Silver member
5,493 Posts
don't need a rear reflector in QLD Breto? lucky you!
I got pulled over for not having one on the back of my Honda once so made sure the tail tidy I got had a spot for one.
rear of the bike is always lit so its not like it's an issue if it's missing anyway
That cop’s mum must be very proud for her son making the world a safer place 👍🏻

·
Registered
774 Posts
LMAO!!!!!!
suffice to say the 'rear reflector' was the excuse he used to pull me over and then go over every inch of my bike looking for other defects.
couldn't find any ;)
I was watching RBT last night. It was mostly South Aus...they are pretty hard down there with stuff like that...they pulled a Harley guy over...he was a HOG member...wasn’t pissed, passed the drug test but they pulled him for loud exhaust and no reflector...gave him a warning because they were bike cops and he was a nice guy and didn’t give them a hard time...but they did say remove the pipes, get it back to 94db and put a rear reflector on or next time they’ll fine him and impound the bike. Harsh down there Tash?...🤔👍😎🇦🇺

·
Registered
774 Posts
yeah they can be. Honestly though depends on the cop.
The guy that pulled me over said he 'initially heard my exhaust' which lead him to follow me, noticed the missing reflector then went over the entire bike.
Even measured my rear indicators to ensure they were 30cm apart.
I was pleasant and provided all the info he asked me for. he said my tail tidy didn't meet standards due to being the wrong angle and missing a reflector, and was initially going to give me a defect notice which would mean I have to get a full inspection (at which point my exhaust would also be defected for being at 98db).
However in the end he said I had complied with all his requests and he would just issue me a warning and let me go home which was good.

I've also had cops pull me over just to let me know a tail light on the car is out & tell me where the nearest servo is so i can get it fixed without recording a formal warning at all.

Honestly just depends on who you get as with most jobs, but there are some ADR standards they are extremely strict on.

·
Registered
774 Posts
yeah they can be. Honestly though depends on the cop.
The guy that pulled me over said he 'initially heard my exhaust' which lead him to follow me, noticed the missing reflector then went over the entire bike.
Even measured my rear indicators to ensure they were 30cm apart.
I was pleasant and provided all the info he asked me for. he said my tail tidy didn't meet standards due to being the wrong angle and missing a reflector, and was initially going to give me a defect notice which would mean I have to get a full inspection (at which point my exhaust would also be defected for being at 98db).
However in the end he said I had complied with all his requests and he would just issue me a warning and let me go home which was good.

I've also had cops pull me over just to let me know a tail light on the car is out & tell me where the nearest servo is so i can get it fixed without recording a formal warning at all.

Honestly just depends on who you get as with most jobs, but there are some ADR standards they are extremely strict on.
Yeah I’ve found as long as your polite to the cops and give them what they ask, as you’ve said, that they are pretty tolerant most of the time...it’s when you fail their personality tests that you get onto the poo. They do give you three attempts to comply. After that they open the book...🇦👍😎🇦🇺

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got the aeromach ~3 weeks ago. Easy to put on for sure. Still figuring out the cleanest cable routing, which seems to be through the groove of the passenger grips. Debating using a bit of silicone caulk or hot glue to secure the wiring in the grooves better than press fit. Although I never put anyone on the back, so a bit of a moot point.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts