Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,857 Posts
"According to Robin M. Farley, a UBS UBS Investment Research analyst, some Polaris dealerships reported that ~80% of the Indian motorcycles were sold to previous Harley owners. In addition, the analyst estimates around 15,000 unit sales of these bikes in its first full year in 2014, which means around $300 million in sales."

Now if that doesn't get the folks attention in Milwaukee!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Harley has long enjoyed its 'elite' status as THE U.S. motorcycle company. Polaris is sure to knock them further off their pedestal with the introduction of the Indians. Maybe we'll see the Harley 'attitude' begin to change as they gear up and revamp to contend with the new competition.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Harley has long enjoyed its 'elite' status as THE U.S. motorcycle company. Polaris is sure to knock them further off their pedestal with the introduction of the Indians. Maybe we'll see the Harley 'attitude' begin to change as they gear up and revamp to contend with the new competition.
Stopped to readjust my riding glasses on a side street in town. A passing motorist stopped and asked " hey what kind of motorcycle is that". I answered an "Indian Chieftain". His reply " man that's a beautiful motorcycle" I think Harley indeed has competition.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I owned 8 Harley's the last 10 years and don't recall a single comment. When I ride the RM, at least every other stop at store or gas station, someone is ogling the bike or says it is beautiful. That says it all for me...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts