Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago my bike quit recognizing my fob. I put in a new battery and the problem was intermittent. Sometimes it would recognize the fob, sometimes it wouldn't. Today I decided that it needed another new battery. Had it open and started to remove the battery. What happened? The battery compartment came out with the battery. I called my dealer and was told to find a guy that can re solder the holder in. I told him it isn't soldered but was loose. Turns out the battery holder is just glued in. Just a dab of glue. So, I used the thinnest double stick tape and taped the holder in place. Then I used a 1/16" thick piece of double stick tape, removing the paper on only one side, and stuck it to the battery. Put the fob back together and presto, it works. So, before buying a new fob, check to see if the battery holder is loose. An attempt at a 10 cent fix beats a $150 fob and a trip to the dealer for reprogramming any day.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts