Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 running Android 11. When I plug my phone into the USB plug in the right pocket on the fairing of my 2020 Challenger DH it restarts. I've tried 3 different cables and it restarts within 30 secs of plugging it in. The bike is running RC version MHS7A9.M12109A which is the April 2021 latest update. Anyone else having problems plugging in their Android phone specifically Samsung phone running OS 11?

·
Registered
2021 Roadmaster
44 Posts
I have the same behavior. The "cure" for it (must be done each time it connects) is to tell the phone to NOT share data. This is done on the phone screen almost immediately after the connection is made, i.e., after connecting the cable if the bike and its screen are active, or after starting the bike if connected to the USB prior to starting. On my Samsung S21, a prompt screen appears for about 4 or 5 seconds, then disappears if not responded to - and the phone then crashes.

It appears that the bike's computer interrogates the connected device in a non-standard way (it's expecting an Apple device, so ignoring standards is - shall we say? - standard :sneaky:). That interrogation results in crashing the phone's OS if data sharing is enabled.

If you want to use your phone as a music source, use a Bluetooth data connection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks TonyH that worked. It's weird it didn't happen with my Note 20 Ultra so wasn't sure if it was the phone or the RC.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts