I've had multiple conversations with H-D riders (both in person and online) regarding the Challenger over the past few months and they inevitably go something like this:
- H-D guy: Indian just copied Harley.
- Me: I didn't know Harley made a liquid cooled, fixed fairing bagger with a mono shock rear suspension, inverted front forks, Brembo brakes, and a Bosch 6-axis IMU at the heart of its traction control. Which model is that?
- H-D guy: So you're saying it's more like an import, not really an AMERICAN bike
- Me: If more like an import means that it has modern tech and actually performs and handles well, than yes.
- H-D guy: Well it's still just a Polaris
- Me: True, Indian's parent company is Polaris (a well known and respected American power sports company). Not sure why thats a bad thing. Indian makes a superior performing product with the possible exception of paint (I think H-D has great paint work).
- H-D guy: It's still just a Polaris