Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
if anything that form factor lends itself well towards electrification. Granted we would miss out on a lot without the engine sound. I don't think it needs to be a necessarily large engine to do the work. Remember BWM K bikes were originally inline fours laid out on their side. Though something like that new Triumph triple...

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gorgeous 4's! Would be very cool for Indian to build a new inline water cooled 4 cylinder at around 2.3 litres in a Roadmaster package
Just remember, Henderson designed and built that 1200cc inline air-cooled 4 lighter than today's Royal Enfield single cylinder 500cc bike. The Indian Chief of today is over double that weight.

·
Founding Member / Distinguished
4,445 Posts
The museum is now run by volunteers from Marquette. Stan's wife LaVona passed in 2014.
Thanks for the heads info. I was there in 2013 I think and she was very friendly to us. Sorry to hear she passed too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
4,162 Posts
Thanks for the heads info. I was there in 2013 I think and she was very friendly to us. Sorry to hear she passed too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was there about that time as well and she was very nice. Museum is still going strong, was there about 5 months ago.

·
Rider
1,074 Posts
Just remember, Henderson designed and built that 1200cc inline air-cooled 4 lighter than today's Royal Enfield single cylinder 500cc bike. The Indian Chief of today is over double that weight.
When you think about that, it was quite an accomplishment, a very potent compact package, a real speedster! =)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts