Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Indian Motorcycles have revealed their latest custom project at this year’s EICMA motor show at Milan, Italy. Called the FTR1200 Custom, the Custom Indian Scout is a result of Indian Motorcycles collaborating with their championship-winning American Flat Track race team – The Wrecking Crew. This one-off custom motorcycle features the Indian Scout’s 1133cc V-twin while going through some severe weight reduction and styling upgrade.

More Pictures & Information Here

·
Silver member
5,292 Posts
Here is the video with the bike in action!

Reactions: Zammer

·
I want to go fast.
1,268 Posts
Bike looks phenomenal. Naturally I just bought a Bobber. o_O

·
Registered
593 Posts
Love the Scrambler application. Finally a nice alternative to the Triumph Bonnie Scrambler.

It would be really interesting to see what Polaris could do with an ADV bike using this motor. Would be a real stretch and perhaps too much of a deviation from the core "modern retro" type bike.

Reactions: Roadie

·
Bronze member
2,433 Posts
Nice, I like it. Any guesses on price?

·
Registered
372 Posts
The Scout's price is already pushing IMO what they can get away with- $13k for a midsize cruiser that has really no "amenities" is kind of a lot. For the same money you can buy a FZ-10 with a full on literbike engine, all the latest techno gadgets, rider aids, LED everything, hell even has cruise- in comparison the Scout seems pretty overpriced for what it is.

Pricing usually rolls out a month or two after the initial reveals- manufacturers do consider "buzz" and apparent interest in some cases- they gauge the reaction from a reveal- and factor that into setting the price.

Being the FTR concept is clearly just that- a concept- at this point, I'm guessing it's at minimum a year away. If it was pictured with an EPA legal exhaust and all the other road-going kit, it would be feasible to say it could be in showrooms within a few months. Considering the Bobber was the "new" bike for '18, my money is on the FTR being a 2019.

They're going to end up with a lot of Scout flavors if there indeed is a 1200 and 750cc variant, which wouldn't surprise me. The only issue there is they'd have two "entry level" Scouts- the 60, and then the FTR750- that both have "big brothers". Dealership cannibalism, you generally don't want your own models to compete with each other.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.