Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been addressed, but for the life of me I can't find it on here. My question is, can I install an amp in the fairing? If so, where, what, how? lol Need dimensions. and such. Appreciate any info.

·
Bronze member
4,119 Posts
I'm sure this has been addressed, but for the life of me I can't find it on here. My question is, can I install an amp in the fairing? If so, where, what, how? lol Need dimensions. and such. Appreciate any info.
Many have done it but not many videos. You need to find a very small profile amp that puts out good clean power. One guy I know removed the factory amp and spliced in a aftermarket amp, but it wasn't plug and play and he fabricated a custom bracket so it would fit.

·
Registered
327 Posts
it can be done ive done it on an 18 chieftain its very time consuming and very crouded after wards but i have 2 amps and a sound processor in the fairing pushing a 1000 watts

·
Registered
554 Posts
it can be done ive done it on an 18 chieftain its very time consuming and very crouded after wards but i have 2 amps and a sound processor in the fairing pushing a 1000 watts
Daaaammmm son lol

This also brings up a question: Say you have the Powerband fairing audio but don't want to spend north of 2K to get the rears from Indian. I'm assuming there is no way to "splice into" the factory powerband audio to have aftermaket rear lids+speakers? It's got to be all one way or all the other?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts