Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
flying down the road trying to loosen my load.
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Auto part Tire
I bought this gage (see link below) because I thought it looked cool but it never crossed my mind that I would run into one of the more ingenious members of our elite forum Joseph Stewart: Not only does he make a very cool product his customer service and "on the spot problem solving and rework / custom work to adapt a product to my needs exceeded my wildest expectations.
@JESIndian thank you Sir!!!

Check out his product on his web site and here somewhere - you will be impressed.

Indian MC

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
View attachment 50525 I bought this gage (see link below) because I thought it looked cool but it never crossed my mind that I would run into one of the more ingenious members of our elite forum Joseph Stewart: Not only does he make a very cool product his customer service and "on the spot problem solving and rework / custom work to adapt a product to my needs exceeded my wildest expectations.

Check out his product on his web site and here somewhere - you will be impressed.
Black Faced Temp Gauges
Hey Rudy, thanks for the heads up. You might not be aware, but your link drops to the HD section.

Here's the Indian MC section.

Did you ask why the Indian gauges are $15 more than the HD?

·
Banned
2,858 Posts
I bought one from him a couple weeks ago. Am going to put it on when i pick up my new bike in a few days. Appears to be well made.

One of the first things I have always put on any V-Twin I have owned is an oil temp gauge.

·
Banned
2,858 Posts
I haven't opened mine yet. This I think will be the 1st oil temp gauge that it looks like needs instructions to use that I have ever bought.

·
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Rudy, thanks for the heads up. You might not be aware, but your link drops to the HD section.

Here's the Indian MC section.

Did you ask why the Indian gauges are $15 more than the HD?
@ScotD darn didn't mean to give HuskyDavidson a lead :rolleyes: Thanks for catching it and fixing it!

·
Registered
282 Posts
View attachment 50525 I bought this gage (see link below) because I thought it looked cool but it never crossed my mind that I would run into one of the more ingenious members of our elite forum Joseph Stewart: Not only does he make a very cool product his customer service and "on the spot problem solving and rework / custom work to adapt a product to my needs exceeded my wildest expectations.

Indian MC
Looks like it would get in the way of the clutch cable mount bracket.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Pretty neat. I suppose it would be too much to ask for something that gives a read out of oil level/pressure on a gauge. This also answers my question, I think, of what is actually being measured in our temp readout on the speedo. I assume it's reading water temp if people are looking for an oil temp gauge...?

Omar

·
Diamond member
9,090 Posts
Its neat looking, but I feel on a liquid cooled bike with a thermo. readout, AND a service engine light, asa second warning of issues,, pretty redundant.. you wont have oil temp problems, unless you have water problems first and youll know pretty instantly of your water problems which, you will then be screwed even before the chance of oil problems... but, as I said, its cool looking, and as OP said, bling..
Air cooled bike? Very useful... Liquid? It looks cool..

·
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its neat looking, but I feel on a liquid cooled bike with a thermo. readout, AND a service engine light, asa second warning of issues,, pretty redundant.. you wont have oil temp problems, unless you have water problems first and youll know pretty instantly of your water problems which, you will then be screwed even before the chance of oil problems... but, as I said, its cool looking, and as OP said, bling..
Air cooled bike? Very useful... Liquid? It looks cool..
Agree - it looks cool. but it's nice to see how the coolant temp relates to the oil temp.

·
Banned
2,858 Posts
What temperature rang are you expecting?
I don't know what I was expecting but so far very pleased with what I'm seeing. I picked up the bike yesterday and put the gauge on this morning. Riding this afternoon in about 100 degrees F and never got above about 190. My old 88" softail would have been pushing at least 250 pre oil cooler and 225 after I put the oil cooler on. I am very satisfied with it so far. I think after it's broke in it should run even cooler. only about 200 miles on it right now.

·
Banned
2,858 Posts
I suspect it will be within about 5 degrees of highest temp or last view temp seen on dash cluster during your ride every time you look at it,
Do these things have an oil temp on the dash?? I have a Springfield.
EDIT...Sorry, I forgot this is a Scout thread. I was referring to the oil temp on my TS111.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.