Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

121 - 140 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
It really doesn't matter what any individual thinks, because sales will be the determinant of how the public receives the bike. Personally, the obsession with ride command seems more important than the real qualities that make up the experience of riding.
Frank Lloyd Wright said, "form follows function," so it's been my experience that the fairing delivers a seamlessly smooth ride in all wind and traffic conditions while offering the option of controlling air flow to the rider via the opening vent doors and electric windscreen.
Handling, comfort, fuel economy and available pertinent information make for a perfect riding experience.
Reading the complaints pointed out that a lot of the respondents hadn't ridden the bike or were upset by something a salesperson told them, which wasn't correct. I've had mine for 1 year and still look forward to taking it out.
The Challenger is a specific bike for a category that it dominates, yet suffers from the Goldilocks syndrome , where it's too big, too soft, too expensive, etc.
Actually, most of us love the technology of the bike, we just despise the Harley Davidson copycat looks and the carnival fairing

·
Registered
142 Posts
After riding challenger at demo days it has tongue handles well and appears high tech . I never once turned around to get second look. Price point is good. But I like traditional look. Sales seem soft A lot sitting at dealers

·
Registered
706 Posts
Which bike has the Carnival fairing ? View attachment 612028
Man that’s a depressing picture. Is that fairing just so perfect that Indian needed to copy HD’s homework? Riding one tomorrow, so I guess I’ll see how well that fairing performs.

Reactions: TerryJ

·
Registered
287 Posts
Which bike has the Carnival fairing ? View attachment 612028
They both do! That is my point. Look at the Harley Davidson and the challenger together. For one, the Challenger is the name of the space shuttle that exploded and does nothing to further the Indian genealogy. Second, the Challenger looks like a complete copycat of the Harley. I am ashamed of Polaris. They could have put that beautiful technology into a the classic looks. BUT... They have $millions on the line and I am not a stockholder. I just choose not to buy

·
Registered
706 Posts
In defense of IMC I have heard of several road glide riders that traded up to indian. Because of. New platform. And a lot of positive reviews. Let's see where it goes.
Oh no doubt. The look and the name are obviously carefully designed to snag Harley’s customers.

·
Registered
706 Posts
If you can't see the difference between these two, forget the test ride and find a good optometrist .
Oh come on. I’m a big Indian fan, but those bikes are visually near identical. I showed that picture to four different people just now. Not one of them realized those were different bikes. Only someone familiar with Indian would pick out the differences or even realize that’s two different models.

Reactions: TerryJ

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
801 Posts
Ok... There are only so many aerodynamic shapes out there. Because of that, there are going to be similarities if you want you to maintain those kinds of shapes. If you do the same "test" with cars and truck brands, you'll get the same results. Oh thats a RAM, no it's a GMC.... but they look the same.

Indian made a new bagger with a new motor... Baggers look like baggers. If you step out of that and get into the bikes like the Goldwing and K1600, I think they look a lot alike and wouldn't purchase either one. If you get down to the detail, the bikes have a lot of differences just like the Challenger and Road Glide.

·
Silver member
4,235 Posts
Actually, most of us love the technology of the bike, we just despise the Harley Davidson copycat looks and the carnival fairing
I do not love the over abundance of technology, but that's just me. I do not necessarily like the looks of either bike in post #123, neither gives me wood :LOL: They're like the newer cars over the past few years... look alike cookie cutters. And the skinny little Injun on the front fender.... pussification of the 'merican male :eek:

The tech... how many posts like... my music box don't communicate with my blue tooth, my mp3... my whatever. My gps or trip planner or whatever don't work right and it sent me to the wrong McD's. My bike shits the bed at stop lights. And the lean technology, do we really need that nanny to watch out for us? Though I guess all that fancy ass tech is jus' dandy... when it works right, right? :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

I do like the cruise control on my '15 Vintage (y) Butt, y'all can keep them touch screens & buttons & nannydom shit :alien:

Stir pot.jpg

·
Registered
142 Posts
I do not love the over abundance of technology, but that's just me. I do not necessarily like the looks of either bike in post #123, neither gives me wood :LOL: They're like the newer cars over the past few years... look alike cookie cutters. And the skinny little Injun on the front fender.... pussification of the 'merican male :eek:

The tech... how many posts like... my music box don't communicate with my blue tooth, my mp3... my whatever. My gps or trip planner or whatever don't work right and it sent me to the wrong McD's. My bike shits the bed at stop lights. And the lean technology, do we really need that nanny to watch out for us? Though I guess all that fancy ass tech is jus' dandy... when it works right, right? :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

I do like the cruise control on my '15 Vintage (y) Butt, y'all can keep them touch screens & buttons & nannydom shit :alien:

View attachment 612031
seems like pattern with electronics. Problems. Technology has a price. And this is new platform.

·
Registered
192 Posts
My Brother-In-Law just traded his Roadglide for a Challenger and says there is no comparison, the Challenger is much superior.

I’m not real big on the looks of either bike. To me a Challenger looks like a Roadglide and a Scout hooked up! But, the more I look at the Challenger, the more I start liking it!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm the one who said "theres no room for debate", and I'm not really surprised at the moronic responces. This is humanity for ya.

First, I said it tongue in cheek of course (although personally I do believe that the Challenger is hidious) knowing that with billions of people on the planet that someone will find it attractive. Second, I also said it was a great bike to ride. So, I'm not simply on this forum to "rag" anything, but unintelligent people will make stupid claims... I can't control that.

I happen to be an Indian motorcycle owner and love the brand, but puttimg that little headdress on the front fender is comical!
I love my 15 RM & not sure I like the looks of the Challengers. Hmmm

·
Registered
46 Posts
I haven’t had the chance to ride the Challenger yet. At first I wasn’t a fan of the looks, but it’s growing on me, in my opinion it’s way more exciting than the Roadglide and better looking too. My interest is growing, I’m going to ride one and go from there.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
801 Posts
Be very careful... they are very addicting to ride! :D

·
Rider
829 Posts

This is the only bike I would find too ugly to be seen on, yet like the Challenger , was a marvelous piece of engineering.

121 - 140 of 150 Posts