Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Alternative Trunk

22K views 34 replies 20 participants last post by  Possumdarkhorse 
#1 ·
I didn't want to pony up the big $$$ for an Indian trunk that would only be on my bike when going to Sturgis. I settled on a Viking leather wrapped trunk on a 2x2 Cycles mount. For about $500 all in, I'm pretty happy with the results.

See less See more
#3 ·
That trunk setup looks good. All you need now is the smoke lenses for your turn signals.

#8 ·
Does anyone know where I can get the REAR luggage rack and mounting hardware for our Challengers? I saw one on a bike here in this forum, but I don't think the owner posted anything about WHERE he got the parts or what he got to work. I don't need a full tour pack, but would like a detachable LUGGAGE rack. Did some one suggest that the Victory luggage rack hardware will work for our bikes?? Thnx for the feedback!!!

#19 ·
Yeah its a rack like most of the others
Works well but is a bit lighter weight than the Indian Aftermarket one. The IA one just sat the trunk to close to my riders backrest for the wife to have any room. And the way it's made, even if I slid the trunk back the flat mounting plate would still be there.

#26 ·
I assure you I pay a lot more than 60 cents a pound. In fact the prices just doubled. You don't the know the HDPE market ether. There is a huge shortage of HDPE products since the Texas freeze. I have been delivering products made from these materials for years and have hundreds of happy customers (small industry). You are new here and don't know my reputation for quality and customer service. The platforms cost $300 or $330 not $400. They are quick release and only take 30 -60 seconds to install or remove from the bike. The black textured finish looks very good with the bikes. You of course are welcome to never purchase form me. As far as "shady" goes. I am defending my products and reputation. You have only been here for a couple days and you come on and trash my products and tell lies about prices. I think "Shady" might be better kept for your title. If you want to keep this up, go ahead. I am happy to throw down. This forum is here to help people, not cause problems.

#27 · (Edited)
You shouldn't value a product mostly by material costs. @Marcus is also charging for his intellectual property of the design, the research and testing to ensure its a solid rack, the cutting equipment to make the nice curves, etc. etc.

To me, this guys "concerns" are clearly off track. I think somebody could decide they just don't like the look or perhaps even the "vibe" of a plastic rack vs. metal, but that's an entirely different thing.

#29 ·
Shadedrider is wrong.
I bought a rack from Marcus.
Very sturdy and durable.
I would not hesitate to recommend his product.

Reactions: Marcus
#35 ·
Hi
I realize this is an older post.
But because of research and coming across this post.
I ordered the 2x2 cycle mount for my 2022 DHC
Question I have is do I need to add those rubber or plastic sleeves over the mounting posts ? For this to fit properly and snuggly ?
My rack should arrive next week some time

Thanks all

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.