Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't want to pony up the big $$$ for an Indian trunk that would only be on my bike when going to Sturgis. I settled on a Viking leather wrapped trunk on a 2x2 Cycles mount. For about $500 all in, I'm pretty happy with the results.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Looks good, the leather matches very well. Where did you buy the mount? I had no problem finding the trunk, but not themount. Can you add a link to it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
That trunk setup looks good. All you need now is the smoke lenses for your turn signals.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Looks good, the leather matches very well. Where did you buy the mount? I had no problem finding the trunk, but not themount. Can you add a link to it.
I don't think we're supposed to post links if they're not a vendor here. If you Google "2x2 Cycles Indian Block" it should get you there.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm with you. Didn't want to put out a lot of money for a trunk that would only be on the bike for long distance rides or when the wife was with me. Put my old Harley trunk on a set of Indianaftermarket mounts.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'm with you. Didn't want to put out a lot of money for a trunk that would only be on the bike for long distance rides or when the wife was with me. Put my old Harley trunk on a set of Indianaftermarket mounts. View attachment 578013
I'm keeping my trunk when I trade and using it on the Challenger. I think they look really good on them.

·
Bronze member
1,567 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get the REAR luggage rack and mounting hardware for our Challengers? I saw one on a bike here in this forum, but I don't think the owner posted anything about WHERE he got the parts or what he got to work. I don't need a full tour pack, but would like a detachable LUGGAGE rack. Did some one suggest that the Victory luggage rack hardware will work for our bikes?? Thnx for the feedback!!!

·
5 years +
186 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get the REAR luggage rack and mounting hardware for our Challengers? I saw one on a bike here in this forum, but I don't think the owner posted anything about WHERE he got the parts or what he got to work. I don't need a full tour pack, but would like a detachable LUGGAGE rack. Did some one suggest that the Victory luggage rack hardware will work for our bikes?? Thnx for the feedback!!!
I kept my passenger backrest and luggage rack from my Chieftain all I needed to do was add the plastic covers (spools) on the Challenger I also black powder coated the backrest and rack works and looks great

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have one from Vicbaggers it doubles as a sissy bar when I don’t have a tour pack bolted to it. It works on chieftain and challenger.
11DD4A28-F1E7-41BA-990B-20DA12B1CDCB.jpeg

·
Bronze member
1,567 Posts
War machine, that's exactly what I"m looking for! So Vicbaggers.com!??!!?!? Or 2x2 cycles??! Thnx for the information!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I didn't want to pony up the big $$$ for an Indian trunk that would only be on my bike when going to Sturgis. I settled on a Viking leather wrapped trunk on a 2x2 Cycles mount. For about $500 all in, I'm pretty happy with the results.

View attachment 577998

View attachment 578001
That looks awesome! I just purchased the viking trunk. Are you happy with the 2x2 Mount?

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is the VicBaggers luggage rack used for my setup. Four bolts trunk is off, and backrest is back on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm with you. Didn't want to put out a lot of money for a trunk that would only be on the bike for long distance rides or when the wife was with me. Put my old Harley trunk on a set of Indianaftermarket mounts. View attachment 578013
So I've come to find that Harley parts are a dime a dozen and cheap. A year later I'm still struggling to find a cost friendly, comfortable, good looking trunk/backrest and I came across this photo and it's absolutely perfect. Could you tell me both the trunk part and the after market mount you used to mount it? I can't take another year of listening to my old lady squak at me lol

·
Registered
261 Posts
So I've come to find that Harley parts are a dime a dozen and cheap. A year later I'm still struggling to find a cost friendly, comfortable, good looking trunk/backrest and I came across this photo and it's absolutely perfect. Could you tell me both the trunk part and the after market mount you used to mount it? I can't take another year of listening to my old lady squak at me lol
Sure. The trunk mount is from Indian Aftermarket and you can actually see the mount in the post above yours. The trunk is the King Tour Pack from Harley. I had one on my 2012 Road Glide and just repurposed it for the Challenger. I currently am using the Ruthless Designz trunk mount with that same trunk as it moved the trunk back a couple inches and gave the wife more room. However structurally, the Indian Aftermarket mount is a beefy mount. Had the manufacturer been able to modify one as I requested I'd still be using it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sure. The trunk mount is from Indian Aftermarket and you can actually see the mount in the post above yours. The trunk is the King Tour Pack from Harley. I had one on my 2012 Road Glide and just repurposed it for the Challenger. I currently am using the Ruthless Designz trunk mount with that same trunk as it moved the trunk back a couple inches and gave the wife more room. However structurally, the Indian Aftermarket mount is a beefy mount. Had the manufacturer been able to modify one as I requested I'd still be using it.
Awesome, thank you I'll check it out. Didn't see the Ruthless Trunk mount, only a rack?
I noticed Indian Aftermarket is selling a full trunk set now? Honestly don't know if I could persuade the wife to drop anything over 1k lol. I would be happy with a sissybar, but can't find any good ones for challengers either that are reasonably priced. Indians is like 300$ more if I want a pad without studs, which is ridiculous, per usual.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yeah its a rack like most of the others
Works well but is a bit lighter weight than the Indian Aftermarket one. The IA one just sat the trunk to close to my riders backrest for the wife to have any room. And the way it's made, even if I slid the trunk back the flat mounting plate would still be there.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts