Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Belgium!

To replace the original DT3-R, which are really missing grip on the wet, I consider either the Metzeler Tourance Next or the Dunlop TrailSmart Max.

Anyone used those?
Any other recommendations?

Thx.

Braap!

·
Rider
1,281 Posts
I am also onsidering the Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2, when the time comes. Tried to find prices for the DT3-r online, but could not get any. Even the Dunlop site had no info. Is this a dealership only item?

·
Registered
43 Posts
How do find the noise of the tires as compared to the stock set?
With the DT3 all passengers I had asked me about a painful noise, I even suspected an issue which the chain, the gearbox or something else. That disappeared after replacing the stock set. But that's very likely true for any other standard tyre.

My first criterion was their behavior under wet and cold conditions, I use the FTR on a daily basis.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just got on my second set of DT3s but definitely would like to try something else that I can get a bit more mileage out of. Let's keep these tire threads going???

·
Rider
1,281 Posts
Tire update: dealer took a ride and opined it was tire tread noise. Then, took a ride on a demo FTR, and said that one was even louder from the tires. It was an excellent excuse to take a 150 mile ride. The task now is to wear the originals out and get a set more suitable to my apparently delicate sensitivities... lol

·
Registered
231 Posts
The task now is to wear the originals out and get a set more suitable to my apparently delicate sensitivities... lol
3M makes really good -32db foam earplugs.

I buy them in a 200 qty box for about $80 I think on ebay.

Good for dirt bikes, street bikes, shooting, the wife's snoring and working in loud data centers.

·
Rider
1,281 Posts
It's a good tire, I'm told. I probably will go to a dedicated road tire when the time comes.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts