Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all. Am a TwIndian owner here in Honolulu. I have an original 1946 Chief "Roadmaster" with 14K on it, and now my new/used '14 Chief Vintage. Both in Red. That's the '46 in my avatar picture. So far I am the only guy in Hawaii with a Vintage Indian and an Indian Vintage. I see maybe a couple of others here that have vinatage Indians as well !!

I rebuilt the '46 from the ground up, frame, wheels, bearings, bodywork, including flywheels, rods, pistons and heads. She was originally a 74" flathead with a 3 speed hand shifter and a foot clutch. NONE of these old motorcycles had a "suicide" clutch. It stays put where you set it. That way you can balance on a hill with your feet down on the ground !!!

The engine now is an 84" stroker (you stroke them by re-locating the rods at a different spot on the flywheels). It now has a 5 " stroke per piston. And a kick starter (oh yeah...). I used all original 1940's Indian factory racing parts where needed. It is now a high performance model (bigger Linkert carb, racing cams, followers, pistons, heads and 5 angle valves.) Will be putting it on the dyno again shortly. This all metal bike weighs in on the truck scale at 550 lbs wet.
It is a remarkable old bike. Have had it about 10 years now. Love driving it.

AND, Am very happy to have my new'ish '14 Vintage. Engine sounds like a box or rox from 2300 to 3300 but seems to run just fine and pulls like a truck. In fact it sounds a lot like my '46 !!! Handles perfectly, and so far is everything I could want in a new bike with just a few adjustments in the planning (windshield and handlebars).

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Hello all. Am a TwIndian owner here in Honolulu. I have an original 1946 Bonneville Chief Roadmaster with 14K on it, and now my new/used '14 Chief Vintage. Both in Red. That's the '46 in my avatar picture. So far I am the only guy in Hawaii with a Vintage Indian and an Indian Vintage. I see maybe a couple of others here that have vinatage Indians as well !!

I rebuilt the '46 from the ground up, frame, wheels, bearings, bodywork, including flywheels, rods, pistons and heads. She was originally a 74" flathead with a 3 speed hand shifter and a foot clutch. NONE of these old motorcycles had a "suicide" clutch. It stays put where you set it. That way you can balance on a hill with your feet down on the ground !!!

The engine now is an 84" stroker (you stroke them by re-locating the rods at a different spot on the flywheels). It now has a 5 " stroke per piston. And a kick starter (oh yeah...). I used all original 1940's Indian factory racing parts where needed. It is now a high performance model (bigger Linkert carb, racing cams, followers, pistons, heads and 5 angle valves.) Will be putting it on the dyno again shortly. This all metal bike weighs in on the truck scale at 550 lbs wet.

AND, Am very happy to have my new'ish '14 Vintage. Engine sounds like a box or rox from 2300 to 3300 but seems to run just fine and pulls like a truck. In fact it sounds a lot like my '46 !!! Handles perfectly, and so far is everything I could want in a new bike with just a few adjustments in the planning (windshield and handlebars).
A real beauty(46)! One of my favourite Indians. Welcome to the forum Micjitsu.
Enjoy and
Ride safe

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Hello all. Am a TwIndian owner here in Honolulu. I have an original 1946 Chief "Roadmaster" with 14K on it, and now my new/used '14 Chief Vintage. Both in Red. That's the '46 in my avatar picture. So far I am the only guy in Hawaii with a Vintage Indian and an Indian Vintage. I see maybe a couple of others here that have vinatage Indians as well !!

Aloha from Canada!!! Jealous that we cannot ride year round like you. congrats on owning two beautiful machines.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your 2 Indians.

I hope your enjoying your rides and I'm sure your proud of your re-build on the 46.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Nice looking bike. Welcome.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,890 Posts
Welcome! You have a couple beautiful bikes and a beautiful Island to ride them on. I was stationed at Schofield Barracks from 91-94.

·
Limited Edition - Solid Red Roadmaster
3,516 Posts
aloha Twindian - Im already jealous

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats I have a 2015 RM I bought in May and I have 9850 miles on it, I just hate to ride, can't you tell. Welcome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the Vintage :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts