Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Waiting on the 15" shock air hose to relocate it and also the arrival of the front and rear chrome fender bumpers for my 16 Chieftain .
The chrome Horn cover medallion is also on the way .
After all of that is done , I will finally have my bike the way I wanted it .
The performance mods are already done :
The Rush War Horse slip-ons mufflers and tips , High Flow Indian Thunderstroke air filter , non catalytic header , the Indian Stampede suspension lowering kit and the Stage II cams (those three were installed at the Indian dealership) and the PVCX paired and with downloaded custom files from Fuel Moto ... all done .
The accessories and convenience mods are also done :
Rear saddlebag crush sway bars , JES chrome wind deflectors , Klock Werks tinted windshield , Kuryakyn Heat Shield kit , Aeromach kickstand extension , Kuryakyn Spear floorboard pads / rear Spear brake pad , Gas tank Indian leather pouch , USB cable/plug relocation at dashboard and push-in switch for Garage remote control , both installed at the left and right plugs on the dashboard , Infiniti hi end speakers with separate tweeters and crossovers , Indian driver`s backrest and mount , Indian passenger detachable backrest , Sissy bar chrome rack , handlebar phone holder and also for the Garmin GPS , heated grips ... the works .
Later on this year , I will be purchasing a Sissy bar Boss leather bag to complete the bike`s dress up and also perhaps the Kuryakyn rear fender strip lights . She can use more lights on the rear as an improved visibility measure , contrary to the single rear light that comes with it .
This is the way she is now , waiting for the fender bumpers , alongside my personal red missile 2013 Suzuki M109r :

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Nice! How about a sound clip?
Well, it sounds incredible . It is the low , slow and deep powerful rumble of an engine that you can tell it has performance cams . The PVCX has really unleashed this bike ... it feels like it has been injected with 40 extra horsepower into it . The cost of the PVCX is the most well spent dollars that I can think of . The bike was really anemic before ... now it is the opposite . It revs fast and higher and it has power galore . It now gets to 80 mph like nothing . Before, it was hard to keep it at 60 mph ... absolutely amazing change in performance . Oh, and the throttle by wire is now responding just like a throttle cable ... Thanks God .
I will try to make a sound video . If I can make it I will post it .
Added note :
Guys, I made the video , but I cannot post it . One thing is pics and other posting a video . If someone can let me know how to do it , I can post it .
Later on :
Well, I finally learned how to post the damn video , lol... It is my first video ever and with sound nonetheless , so please, forgive my inexperience .
I love the sound of this bike ...
Hope you guys like it .

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any comments on the sound with the Rush mufflers ?
It would be interesting to read opinions and comparison to other muffler systems ... Thanks

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Great sound, not harsh, mellow but you definitely know it's there. Beautiful bike. Really like the color. In the first pic I thought it was a green custom paint job, but the other pics showed the silver.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Relocation 15" hose air shock already installed .
Waiting on the front and fender bumpers plus the horn cover medallion to arrive today .
Did you make the bracket for the air hose relocation or buy it? That's the look
I want on my bike.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I modified it . It was a bracket that I had around and had the holes of the right size and it was chromed , so I took advantage of it , but I had to cut a extension piece that was attached to it and also cut it to the length I needed , but it was worth it . It came out perfect .

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I most definitely prefer the Kuryakyn `s heat shield to the leather type , which is too big , in my opinion .
The kuryakyn`s is almost unnoticeable because is transparent , although is very effective blocking the heat and still the beautifully chromed engine can be seen thru the heat shield , and that makes it more elegant and not obtrusive . The leather`s Captain Itch type is too big and noticeable and blocks the sight of the engine ... not my type .
I don`t have any heat issues at all , but I took out the catalytic converter , so that is a big help for heat reducing effectiveness.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts