Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
Looking good. A mate had the 116 kit done very early and loves the extra grunt.

The Springfield used to come with the air shock of the RM. Has that changed somewhere along the way?

PS. The attached pics on your second post seem to have disappeared.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking good. A mate had the 116 kit done very early and loves the extra grunt.

The Springfield used to come with the air shock of the RM. Has that changed somewhere along the way?

PS. The attached pics on your second post seem to have disappeared.
My bike is a vintage with hard bags...I wish it had the steering geometry of the Springfield...

·
Registered
404 Posts
All I can say is WOW!!!
Bike is a complete beast...110hp and 130tq at the wheel.
Also did a Roadmaster Air Shock and Dunlop American Elites while the BBK was installed.
Bike feels brand new and FAST!!!
Yup love my 116 bbk and Craig B tune. Was racing a Rocket 3 today and he couldn't keep up. It's a beast on the highway. Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Yup love my 116 bbk and Craig B tune. Was racing a Rocket 3 today and he couldn't keep up. It's a beast on the highway. Enjoy.
You’re serious? A rocket 3 should be way faster. If you were even remotely keeping up with a rocket 3 I’m going to get that bbk ASAP!

·
Silver member
5,501 Posts
Then the Rocket wasn't trying, or it was crippled some how. That, or it may have been a pre 2019 Rocket Touring model... 106hp I believe. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knock'n the 116 and I believe it's a beast, I would LOVE to have that 116 kit in my '15 Vintage!! But no way I'd expect it to keep up with and certainly not pull away from a R3 Roadster or the latest R3 offering.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Then the Rocket wasn't trying, or it was crippled some how. That, or it may have been a pre 2019 Rocket Touring model... 106hp I believe. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knock'n the 116 and I believe it's a beast, I would LOVE to have that 116 kit in my '15 Vintage!! But no way I'd expect it to keep up with and certainly not pull away from a R3 Roadster or the latest R3 offering.
Yeah, aren’t they like 160hp/tq?

·
Registered
326 Posts
My 116 kit on my Chieftain with a Craig tune is great and very noticeably more powerful than it was stock. But the numbers of a Rocket 3 if it is the new version or the roadster version will or should run off and leave me behind. As stated before if the Rocket 3 is the touring model with the reduced power it would be closer but even then the torque of that version would still be higher than the 116. If the newest Rocket 3 would make a more bagger /touring oriented take on the current design then that would be be hard to not consider for a pretty badass bagger.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yes you are right it was an older Rocket 3. He was trying but I kept pulling away. I wouldn't expect to win a race with the new Rockets.

Reactions: TerryJ

·
Registered
718 Posts
View attachment 607458 View attachment 607458 Bike is at the dealer, 116 BBK is done, Roadmaster Shock Upgrade is done, Rush 2 into 1 is done but waiting on a bracket for the hard bag...I pick it up Saturday and can’t wait!
Love it!!!! I have the BBK as well and would like to upgrade the rear shock. I found that a good Dyno REALLY improved the smoothness, responsiveness, and the power of the engine. It is still a little squirrely at low speed, but man, the motorcycle is a sheer joy. What did you do for a shock upgrade?

·
Silver member
5,501 Posts
Yeah, aren’t they like 160hp/tq?
The older R3 Roadsters are in the 146hp range. I believe the older R3 Touring's are around 106hp. The OPs 116 might do in a R3 Touring, but can't see how it would best a R3 Roadster, new or an older version. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Cameroni79
1 - 14 of 14 Posts