Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my custom seats picked up this evening. I had always used Leather Honey for all of my cowskin leather in the past and love it. But I had a strip of unused gator skin to try out a test run and it darkened too much. I also tried some saddle soap I had here and I cant tell the difference in color but I wonder if it actually adds any protection. I would like to hear from people that have tried to care of natural exotic leathers in the past without changing the color tone, thanks.
FB_IMG_1556080019025.jpg

·
Registered
70 Posts
When I'm working with leather and I want it to stay natural, I use mink oil paste and if i want a little more protection ill use Fiebings leather balm with atom wax. it'll darken with sun exposure over time.
20190424_000142.jpg

·
Bronze member
2,631 Posts
I don't know what is different with my seat,a 15 vintage,but the top coating in one spot,the size of a grapefruit, has peeled off,when it started I was two days out of warrantee.anyway nothing works,I'm a long time mink oil user,but that soaks in and then gone in a couple of days.ive tried most everything.next will be tear off the leather and reupholster with real 3oz leather.most sealers won't soak into the parts that are still coated.it looks like it's a hundred years old.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts