Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I see now that all the trunk options are available for the Challenger. Here's an example:

Up until now, I haven't seen anything for the Challenger (w.r.t. the trunk) when looking on the Indian Accessories page.

Big $$$$ :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Deepwater Metallic by itself isn't an option either. I keep looking for other trunks but keep coming back to this one...

·
Bronze member
3,044 Posts
is the supposed chopped trunk released yet?

·
Registered
590 Posts
I keep looking but haven't seen anything yet. My fear is that I'll get the trunk then a year later they'll release a new model that more closely matches the Challenger.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,289 Posts
I wonder if using the Roadmaster trunk is a good idea. I understand that Polaris doesn't want to have two kinds for production cost reasons but I think it looks a bit out of place on the Challenger.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I wonder if using the Roadmaster trunk is a good idea. I understand that Polaris doesn't want to have two kinds for production cost reasons but I think it looks a bit out of place on the Challenger.
Even if they just changed the lid, I think it would help a lot. They could make the lines match better and I think the rounded base would just kind of disappear.

Reactions: Chiprivrat

·
Bronze member
1,829 Posts
Seems like Polaris just has a bunch of extra trunks to sell because of Covid and they are holding off releasing the touring version of the Challenger with a redesigned trunk. This and the crap job they have done by not recasting the heads for the TS for the lack of the two filler pieces at the exhaust ports is starting to give me HD flashbacks, which is not good. I test rode a Heritage couple of weeks ago and while it rode well and the 114 was good, I couldn't get over the cheapness of the controls and some other items, especially compared to my old '96 Heritage Special. Don't go there, Polaris.........

·
Registered
33 Posts
Seems like Polaris just has a bunch of extra trunks to sell because of Covid and they are holding off releasing the touring version of the Challenger with a redesigned trunk. This and the crap job they have done by not recasting the heads for the TS for the lack of the two filler pieces at the exhaust ports is starting to give me HD flashbacks, which is not good. I test rode a Heritage couple of weeks ago and while it rode well and the 114 was good, I couldn't get over the cheapness of the controls and some other items, especially compared to my old '96 Heritage Special. Don't go there, Polaris.........
I keep repeating this to everyone. Be careful with the HD 114 engine. My son has a 2020 breakout 114. Not even 75 days old and its burning 1qt of oil every 400-500 miles. Brought it back for warranty and they were giving him nothing but pushback. Finally, he escalated the issue with their customer service department and they are now going to fix it by installing a 'vent kit'. Only thing is, they're keeping the bike for an estimated month, and i don't believe its going to fix anything. The vent kit helps with a sump issue, not a burning oil issue. He's active duty military, and his riding season is just about over. He won't know till next year if it really fixes anything!

·
Bronze member
1,314 Posts
And the reason stated above my friends is exactly why I won't ever buy a NEW Harvey Donaldson. The quality of the mechanical features is a really BIG let down. You can put lipstick on a pig....but it's still a pig.....if you know what I mean!! And that's all The Motor Co is doing......putting on a LOT of lipstick!!!!

·
5 years +
136 Posts
I keep repeating this to everyone. Be careful with the HD 114 engine. My son has a 2020 breakout 114. Not even 75 days old and its burning 1qt of oil every 400-500 miles. Brought it back for warranty and they were giving him nothing but pushback. Finally, he escalated the issue with their customer service department and they are now going to fix it by installing a 'vent kit'. Only thing is, they're keeping the bike for an estimated month, and i don't believe its going to fix anything. The vent kit helps with a sump issue, not a burning oil issue. He's active duty military, and his riding season is just about over. He won't know till next year if it really fixes anything!
Obviously I don't want to talk about HD's problems but I would agree that the "vent kit" is not going to work. I have a friend that has gone through 6 M8 motors and he's not hard on the bike. Enough said. I wish your son much luck and thank him for his service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Look at the Ruthless Designs rack ($320.00) and the Viking leather wrapped trunk ($315.00). works great for me...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 42 Posts