Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I'm looking at getting a black RM - only to have it painted any other color but black. I have some scheme's in mind. It's being done too much. Go to a bike night and join the other "blacked out" bike section. I hope to build an RM that is unqiue and stands out in the crowd.

·
Premium Member
2,551 Posts
I Like Flat Black - ALL Black - NO Chrome - Always have. I blacked out the chrome stuff on my '82 BMW R65LS, Blacked out All the Chrome on my '99 Ural Patrol, put Black Hooligan Pipes on my '74 Norton 850 Commando, Had a '81 Yamaha XS850 Special that I turned into a "Midnight Special" I've always liked the Flat Black Hotrods too.

But that's just me - I know it's not for everybody. :)

·
Bronze member
1,686 Posts
You have to do what's right for you and how you want your bike to look. I did a full blacked out Victory Kingpin Tour with Corbin Bags, etc. in 2007 and it was pretty early in the blacked out look thing. It's still very popular, and as long as you have a good powder-coater you can work with, I say go do it!

A word of warning about the black pipe wrap: When it gets a little old, like after a couple thousand miles of running, it turns gray. And that's the DEI stuff. Take it from personal experience (I wrapped my inner pipe by the converter to try and cool it down) the stuff does change colors. And it smells like ass when you first run the bike after application, but that's a short term thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts