Bronze member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the lineups for the Super Twins Class for 2020:

1. BriggsAuto.com Racing - Davis Fisher - #67 Indian FTR750
  2. Coolbeth-Nila Racing - Sammy Halbert - #69 Indian FTR750
  3. Estenson Racing - JD Beach - #95 Yamaha MT-07 DT
  4. Estenson Racing - Kolby Carlile - #36 Yamaha MT-07 DT
  5. Harley-Davidson / Vance & Hines - Dalton Gauthier - #79 Harley-Davidson XG750R
  6. Harley-Davidson / Vance & Hines - Jarod Vanderkooi - #20 Harley-Davidson XG750R
  7. HCRR Racing / Ben Evans Racing - Jay Maloney - #12 Indian FTR750
  8. HCRR Racing / Ben Evans Racing - Brandon Robinson - #44 Indian FTR750
  9. Indian Motorcycle - Briar Bauman - #1 Indian FTR750
  10. Indian Motorcycle - Bronson Bauman - #37 Indian FTR750
  11. Indian Motorcycle / Rogers Racing - Jared Mees - #9 Indian FTR750
  12. RJ Performance Racing - Robert Pearson - #27 Indian FTR750
  13. Roof Systems of Dallas, Texas - Dan Bromley - #62 Indian FTR750
  14. Roof Systems of Dallas, Texas - Brandon Price - #92 Indian FTR750
  15. Vance & Hines / Howerton Motorsports - Bryan Smith - #4 Harley-Davidson XG750R
And there are 3 "Wildcard" Teams that have been approved. The Wildcard teams are not guaranteed a spot in the races on a weekly basis and have to apply for each individual event.

16. Happy Trail Racing - Jeffrey Carver, Jr. - #23 Indian FTR750
17. Larry Pegram Racing - Larry Pegram - #72 Indian FTR750
18. Rackley Keeran Racing - Andrew Luker - #11 Indian FTR750

Only other point of interest - it looks like for the first time in many years, there won't be a Kawasaki in the top tier class of Flat Track racing. I'm guessing they are going to be in the production twins class.

Reactions: IMARIDER

·
Bronze member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last I read, they were planning on entering the Super Twins in 2021.

·
Bronze Member
1,657 Posts
If KTM factory sets their mind to winning a particular race and or series, watch out! They will go full in until they win it. If they are just testing the waters (so to speak), they may only be in for a few years with minimal support with only one or two riders.

·
Founding Member / Distinguished
4,379 Posts
With all the Indians in the field with 3 on standby it’s going to tough for a new manufacturer to get in. I’m sure the best riders are already locked in for at least a 2 year contract. With the juggernaut that Indian has in this series now it’s going to take a lot of money to persuade guys off the Indians.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
2015 Chieftain
629 Posts
Carter not being a guaranteed rider is very surprising to me.

·
4,379 Posts
Here are the lineups for the Super Twins Class for 2020:

1. BriggsAuto.com Racing - Davis Fisher - #67 Indian FTR750
  2. Coolbeth-Nila Racing - Sammy Halbert - #69 Indian FTR750
  3. Estenson Racing - JD Beach - #95 Yamaha MT-07 DT
  4. Estenson Racing - Kolby Carlile - #36 Yamaha MT-07 DT
  5. Harley-Davidson / Vance & Hines - Dalton Gauthier - #79 Harley-Davidson XG750R
  6. Harley-Davidson / Vance & Hines - Jarod Vanderkooi - #20 Harley-Davidson XG750R
  7. HCRR Racing / Ben Evans Racing - Jay Maloney - #12 Indian FTR750
  8. HCRR Racing / Ben Evans Racing - Brandon Robinson - #44 Indian FTR750
  9. Indian Motorcycle - Briar Bauman - #1 Indian FTR750
  10. Indian Motorcycle - Bronson Bauman - #37 Indian FTR750
  11. Indian Motorcycle / Rogers Racing - Jared Mees - #9 Indian FTR750
  12. RJ Performance Racing - Robert Pearson - #27 Indian FTR750
  13. Roof Systems of Dallas, Texas - Dan Bromley - #62 Indian FTR750
  14. Roof Systems of Dallas, Texas - Brandon Price - #92 Indian FTR750
  15. Vance & Hines / Howerton Motorsports - Bryan Smith - #4 Harley-Davidson XG750R
And there are 3 "Wildcard" Teams that have been approved. The Wildcard teams are not guaranteed a spot in the races on a weekly basis and have to apply for each individual event.

16. Happy Trail Racing - Jeffrey Carver, Jr. - #23 Indian FTR750
17. Larry Pegram Racing - Larry Pegram - #72 Indian FTR750
18. Rackley Keeran Racing - Andrew Luker - #11 Indian FTR750

Only other point of interest - it looks like for the first time in many years, there won't be a Kawasaki in the top tier class of Flat Track racing. I'm guessing they are going to be in the production twins class.
So did they increase the field to 18 now ?
So no more live streaming unless you buy it now ?

·
Bronze member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Carter not being a guaranteed rider is very surprising to me.
I am also very surprised the Carver doesn't have a full-time ride. It is challenging to get a team willing to make the $$$ commitment based on the new Super Twins rules.

However, the way I understand it, they have spots for 4 WC teams at every event. So, if Carver and his team have the resources to travel to all the races and submit entry for every event, they will have a shot at getting in the dance.

·
4,379 Posts
Interesting is that the XG750 can be used in both twin series with slight mods.

·
Bronze member
3,352 Posts
a little more than slight... but yes it is interesting... what will be interesting if Indian comes out with a 750 FTR... but clearly they are trying to keep the two separate... really has the NASCAR flavor... singles = truck series, twins = Infinity series and Super Twins Monster Energy Series... I think it's too early for the subscription to view... not quite ready for that yet.

·
4,379 Posts
a little more than slight... but yes it is interesting... what will be interesting if Indian comes out with a 750 FTR... but clearly they are trying to keep the two separate... really has the NASCAR flavor... singles = truck series, twins = Infinity series and Super Twins Monster Energy Series... I think it's too early for the subscription to view... not quite ready for that yet.
He said that the Harleys are still production based too ? Maybe the lower cases ?

·
Bronze member
3,352 Posts
I thought they changed the lower cases last year... I think he meant that it is similar to a production bike that you can buy at the dealer.. whatever floats their boat... bottom line he is right it's the boomers are the ones helping the ticket sales... and quite honestly they know a real (whatever that means) race bike can't be bought... maybe twenty years ago like he said... not no more... I think it's a nice filler class.. but it will always be looked at as the "minor" league.. just like Infinity races in NASCAR.... but that's cool because I think the racing is good there also... what it might do is force Indian into a 750 production bike... which in turn might surprise them on how well they sell...

·
Bronze member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Super Twins version of the H-D XG750 has completely different cases than the version that's in the production twins - H-D changed it prior to last season.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts