Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
scout 2020
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a simple alarm (connecting to the - and + of the battery) is there is any problem installing it ? can it cause any malfunction of the scout?
thanks

·
Registered
279 Posts
I just had my break in treatment and I was told by the garage guy not to install “because the electric system of the scout is sensitive”. It sounds strange to me...
It sounds strange to me too. Maybe someone else will chime in on some reason not to install it. The alarm will only be armed while the bike is off and it’s connected straight to the battery so I can’t see it causing any issues other than possibly a drain on the battery but if you ride it regularly that should not be a problem.

·
Registered
scout 2020
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It sounds strange to me too. Maybe someone else will chime in on some reason not to install it. The alarm will only be armed while the bike is off and it’s connected straight to the battery so I can’t see it causing any issues other than possibly a drain on the battery but if you ride it regularly that should not be a problem.
Thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
I presume "sensitive" means Canbus....yes, they are trickier, however, if your alarm is that simple you could try it out and if the system doesn't like it you can easily remove it...

·
Registered
scout 2020
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I presume "sensitive" means Canbus....yes, they are trickier, however, if your alarm is that simple you could try it out and if the system doesn't like it you can easily remove it...
Canbus?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts