Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I purchased a Gorilla alarm. $80 bucks. Has its own key fob. Kind of a pain having two in your pocket. Double side taped to the inside front fairing behind speaker. Plenty of room. Powered from power port. all easy to reach rom speaker and front fairing. Works great!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I looked at the SPOT Satellite Messenger and the thing that turned me off was the subscription and it's terms and agreement. You have to subscribe to an annual package that will auto renew if you don't give a written cancellation in a specified time period and then you are stuck with an expensive service that you may not appreciate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I looked at the SPOT Satellite Messenger and the thing that turned me off was the subscription and it's terms and agreement. You have to subscribe to an annual package that will auto renew if you don't give a written cancellation in a specified time period and then you are stuck with an expensive service that you may not appreciate.
Looking to install in alarm system in my bike, anyone done this yet? Any one recommend any aftermarket ones thanks

·
Rider
879 Posts
The Vintage we have came with one..Maybe you should Share What Model you have ... may be Helpful...

BTW I have Not carried my Fob yet this Season..

·
Registered
104 Posts
Like was posted above, some (many?) TS111 bikes (including my 2017 Vintage) have a “sleeping” alarm that is not mentioned anywhere in the manual. You can activate it my squeezing the fob in a certain way or, like I did, get a $10 two button fob case and move over the insides from the original fob. There are a number of threads on here about this. Good luck!

·
Registered
331 Posts
My Springfield has an alarm,I didn`t know it did until I set it off moving the bike around the garage, the fob was in the house and upstairs!
By the time I got it shut up, half the street was looking out wondering where all the noise was coming from!
I`ve now learnt the PIN code.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
All the 111 Models have a factory alarm built-in, been using it on my 2015 Chieftain for 3 years.

Make sure to tell your insurance company and you should get a discount for having an factory built-in alarm.

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
On the back of the FOB is a light. Push HARD with your thumb right under that light. Push twice. The alarm will sound. Or, from the Indian website, purchase a new fob case for about 13 dollars and you are good to go.

·
Registered
289 Posts
So with the Alarm armed, what makes it go off? I accidentally hit my lock button twice today and the horn beeped. This made me think there's some type of built in alarm, hence me searching for an alarm thread lol.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
the bikes do require the fobs to start, so basically like having a alarm. just no siren.

a interesting product I have been looking at is SPOT Trace:

Its a GPS tracking device for your bike

SPOT SATELLITE MESSENGER :: HOME PAGE

may be worth looking at
What bikes are we talking here? My 17 RM most definitely has one. I set it off by mistake once. Dont believe it was a dealer install?

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
So with the Alarm armed, what makes it go off? I accidentally hit my lock button twice today and the horn beeped. This made me think there's some type of built in alarm, hence me searching for an alarm thread lol.
A decent bump. Someone straddling your seat etc....

·
Rider
986 Posts
I did the same thing and found it by accident by pressing the lock button twice. I wonder why they don't mention it in the manual?

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Hmm interesting. I'll go test that out in a few minutes. Watch me not be able to deactivate it hahaha. I'm guessing just press the unlock button or turn on ignition to deactivate.
Press unlock I believe twice to deactivate.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts