Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading few post that with this last computer flash/upgrade thing they did that some people noticed the alarm now works. so i decided to go and test and sure enough it does i didnt even have to get a new fob. saved a few bucks and i got an alarm. For those who dont know. press just under the light on the back of regular fob and it should light up. it arms it when i quickly press it 3 times and the bike will honk confirming the alarm is on. no need to turn it off so to speak just make sure you have your fob on you when you plan to mess with the bike and you will be alright. otherwise its about to get loud!! I forgot i turned it on and it sent me sky high haha!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have been reading few post that with this last computer flash/upgrade thing they did that some people noticed the alarm now works. so i decided to go and test and sure enough it does i didnt even have to get a new fob. saved a few bucks and i got an alarm. For those who dont know. press just under the light on the back of regular fob and it should light up. it arms it when i quickly press it 3 times and the bike will honk confirming the alarm is on. no need to turn it off so to speak just make sure you have your fob on you when you plan to mess with the bike and you will be alright. otherwise its about to get loud!! I forgot i turned it on and it sent me sky high haha!!
You stated you have a 2015 Vintage - so the regular FOB that came with the vintage which has no button is all I need after getting a Flash upgrade ?

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
You stated you have a 2015 Vintage - so the regular FOB that came with the vintage which has no button is all I need after getting a Flash upgrade ?
Press firmly !

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

·
Founding member
1,975 Posts
Look closely - there is a very small LED on the side directly opposite the keyring loop. Press the fob firmly approximately 1/2" below the LED and you should see it light up. Press it twice while in range of the bike and you'll hear the horn honk (assuming you've done one of the last two the ECU firmware upgrades).

·
Registered
125 Posts
Can also turn off hitting power button then use your start code

·
Registered
548 Posts
Well now. I paid 200 smackeroos to upgrade to a 2 button fob 10 weks ago. Now I have my original working with the most recent re flash. Thinking about asking for a refund. I'll just buy something else Indian but...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well now. I paid 200 smackeroos to upgrade to a 2 button fob 10 weks ago. Now I have my original working with the most recent re flash. Thinking about asking for a refund. I'll just buy something else Indian but...
Dang. yeah i heard of some guys successfully drilling a hole and using a remote button and reducing the possibility of crushing or somehow compromising the original fob. i wonder if overtime pressing firmly could damage the plastic case. just something to consider if you want to try and take the button fob back.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Damn I am out of town for another week and a half. Can't wait to try this with my bike.
I didn't realize there was a button or a led light on my 2014 Classic fob.
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dang. yeah i heard of some guys successfully drilling a hole and using a remote button and reducing the possibility of crushing or somehow compromising the original fob. i wonder if overtime pressing firmly could damage the plastic case. just something to consider if you want to try and take the button fob back.
Search: Alarm works, now to mod the remote....

·
Registered
332 Posts
Got the reflash done yesterday and got the alarm activated. Told my dealer about the current fob working but they were sceptical. I showed them and they were pissed that Polaris had told them they had to sell two button fobs at NZD450 each. They didn't charge me for the alarm reflash and offered me a 10% discount in a new jacket if I wanted one for my "consulting fee". Love my dealer and god I love my bike

·
Bronze member
2,224 Posts
I don't see this showing up in the manual anytime soon but it does work. Ain't that something!
Here's the addendum that came with my 06/2016 SpringField. As you can see, as long as the Fob is within range you don't have to do anything to turn it off, which is pretty cool as there is no way to accidently trigger the alarm as long as you have the Fob.

But the auto-off of the alarm does not extend to the saddlebags, you do have to unlock those with either the dash switch or the Fob.

HTH.

WD./

alarm.instructions.png

1 - 20 of 37 Posts